Show me your cages!!!

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
I'm not proud of my current set up.
We are getting ready to move and getting rid of several things. My Large cage had an accident with the stairs and ended up getting tossed.

Then for the first time in his long life Daffy discovered ... the art of making baby budgies.
So I had to rig a few things ... and change a few things around.

They will be fine for a few months like that; once we move I get new cages... easy enough.

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I was wandering how much stuff I could put in Xanders cage. I've just got him one of those big boing things and a couple of new toys and 7 new, different types of perch.

As you can see his cage is pretty bare at the moment but I don't want to stress him out so I will leave the things in his cage that he likes and uses.

Also would it be more helpful to train him if I kept the top of his cage shut so he just uses the door because I want him to come away from his cage more and maybe even on the floor sometimes? He will only climb up to the top of the cage anyway as he loves being high up.

Thank you x

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
10o1tmp.jpg

A bit bare here; I have since added 3 toys, but I like to leave space to flap the wings.

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
He can get all the exercise he needs in that huge cage by the looks of it :) but just put some perches around the room so he has places to land. I doubt he would fly into the walls or anything.

Personally id linoleum the floor and do a similar thing with the walls and just bolt massive branches or something around the walls but obviously time and expense come in to it.

He's got to be happy in that monster cage though, its the biggest I have seen x

Last edited:

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
My birds' cages!!!
(A little wild, aren't they?)
*Sorry, the first and last pics are upside down*

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3519.jpg
    IMG_3519.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Okay, here are pix of Levi's Digs

Primary Cage
tami2-albums-levi-picture18695-primary-cage.jpg

Cabin Cage
tami2-albums-levi-picture18694-cabin-cage.jpg

Bedroom Cage - this one is just for hanging w/ us when we're in the bedroom.
tami2-albums-levi-picture18693-bedroom-cage-just-hanging.jpg

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Very nice Tami :) I love the cabin. Have i seen a video of this on youtube? x

Last edited:

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thank you so much Carl_power. Video? Are you asking about the cage or the cabin? I did buy that cage online.

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Sorry for the confusion Tami lol, I remember seeing a video of someone with a cabin like yours and she had an African Grey too and did a little tour of the cage setup ect, I wandered if it was you flower x

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Sorry for the confusion Tami lol, I remember seeing a video of someone with a cabin like yours and she had an African Grey too and did a little tour of the cage setup ect, I wandered if it was you flower x

Oh I see :). No, it’s wasn’t us.
But, thx again for the lovely compliment. Levi enjoys the cabin as much as we do.
We have a lot of wood in both homes & my husband has mounted natural wood perches throughout. :heart:

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Awww he must love it so much bless him, I was thinking of doing a similar thing at home mounting natural wood perches around the room so my Parrot can wiz around but its a bit harder to get the branches here in the Uk :)

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Wow what awesome setups! I love how Tami and Snowflake put perches and toys outside of the cage, that's a great idea! I wish I had thought of it. I'm going to put some of my spare perches outside Yoda's cage, so he has fun things to do when he's crawling around on his cage. Thanks for the ideas! :)

Here is Yoda's setup currently, he doesn't spend much time in there because he is with me all day, except when I go out to run errands:

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture18882-yoda-s-cage-2.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture18881-yoda-s-cage-1.jpg

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thank you Squeekmouse. :heart:
Yoda’s Cage is huge. :) :smile049:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Thank you Squeekmouse. :heart:
Yoda’s Cage is huge. :) :smile049:
Lol! More true than you know, because the truth is that my whole house is his cage... the pictures are just showing you the cage that he uses as his 'bed' :20:

CardiBird

Dec 20, 2017
Murfreesboro tn
Parrots
Cardi Bird- Yellow Crowned Amazon
Here is Cardi Bird’s cage. I think it is so unique and I can’t wait to really spoil her.

Attachments

• 0DC5C07B-C9A2-4F33-9BE1-9148E563362B.jpg
    0DC5C07B-C9A2-4F33-9BE1-9148E563362B.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 160

Most Reactions