Show us your cockatiels, Please

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
All these photos are so sweet! Cockatiels always make me smile or laugh out loud! There are so many color mutations and they are all lovely but I'm partial to the original normal grays.

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
I love normal greys too. Their coloring is just unique to me. I learned some time ago that in the wild it helps to blend in to their environment, like on the ground, to avoid predators. My second favorite is the white-faced. But I love tiels in general. I have also grown to love toos, because of their little cousins.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have to share a picture of one of our most recent additions to our flock. This is Spike. He is 27 years old, and has a large benign tumour on his chest. There is nothing the vet can do, he would most likely not survive a surgery to remove it, but he gets around pretty well for his age and seems happy. He is such a sweetheart and we are in love with him.

a99a0d07-bf08-4acb-bbf9-d95db0341c3a_zps6bkvdm8b.jpg

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
What a sweetie. Wow, 27 years is respectable and good for a tiel. Most are living passed their expected age of 15-20 nowadays too. Good for taking in Spike and lots of loving tiel thoughts his way.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a sweetie. Wow, 27 years is respectable and good for a tiel. Most are living passed their expected age of 15-20 nowadays too. Good for taking in Spike and lots of loving tiel thoughts his way.

Taking Spike in has done as much for us as for him:) I will pass on your loving tiel thoughts to him (along with a little kiss, he likes to go "Kiss Kiss")
Sending the same to your Baby:)

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Cockatiels rule! Spike is so handsome and his voice is as sweet as he is. I'm so glad he found such a great home where he can spend his senior years in comfort and bring joy to everyone around him.

Sweet Pea sends a shy, squeeky greeting to all her forum cockatiel cousins.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Please give your beautiful Sweet Pea some scritches from her Auntie Terry:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Love that Spike! He seems so full of personality! And he couldn't have found a better or more loving home.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts