SI Eclectus Aviator

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
The title pretty much says it, but what would be the appropriate size aviator flight harness for most male SI eclectus parrots? Medium says "average to large eclectus" and small says "small eclectus" -- does that just mean, eclectus that are smaller than normal, or small eclectus as in, SI, because SI are one of the small subspecies?

I can't go by gram weight as I don't actually have my baby yet, but I'd like to order a harness and have things prepared and such..

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
An SI is a small eclectus. Truth be told unless your baby randomly turns out as large as a RS, either one should fit OK.

Klaery

Jul 8, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Elroy - Hahns macaw, Ponyo - Sun conure
Unless you eclectus is very small I would lean towards the medium. It will be easier to fit and train.

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
I think mine is a medium and I use it on various sized Eclectus. The head opening is easier to get on them in the medium size, but on some of my smaller birds the harness is a bit loose even when cinched tight.

If your breeder expects your bird to weigh in the 330 range as an adult compared to 380, I would buy a small. There can be quite a variation in size of Solomons.

Pixie603

Jul 4, 2013
Parrots
SI Eclectus
Congo African grey
my SI male has a medium and it fits him perfectly.

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
I have ordered a medium -- thank you all SO much!

Most Reactions