Sleeper cage??

fishstick600

Dec 8, 2012
How do you guys feel about using sleeper cages? I work nights and am living with my parents right now. Around 8 sydney is starting to pretty much yell because everyone is up and watching tv. I wanted to put a cage in my room and have a larger cage in the family room for him to be in during the day. I was thinking around 730 to 8 having my parents put sydney in my room so he can be somewhere less active to rest. Also they arent willing to leave the tv room when he has a screaming fit like your supposed to. I usually cover him for 10 mins when hes bad and he stops but it doesnt work for them apparently

mysteryfoxes

Mar 6, 2012
Calabash, NC
Parrots
Basil - Turquoise Green Cheek Conure :)
I started using a sleeper cage a little over two weeks ago. HOLY COW did it improve everything about my bird.

Let me preface by saying Basil was not friendly towards me nor trust me when we first got him. I decided having him sleep separate from his big cage would be the best bet.

I bought a small/medium parakeet cage and put a few perches in, and some water and put him in the closet. He chatters a little before bed, but goes right to sleep. He also became snuggly and much more social. :)

I think every case is different, some birds don't really need them, but it has worked for mine!

I think it's a great idea, especially because birds need their rest. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts