So annoyed by this: someone “adopts” a lost cockatiel instead of finding his home

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
reeb

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Uhg...maybe the dates were just wrong, who knows...they look alike, that's for sure...

I emailed the person looking for the lost cockatiel as well...I will get on making the YouTube ad too...

Thank you!

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Here's a link to the Craigslist ad I placed:

https://monterey.craigslist.org/pet/6589720599.html

And that's just moronic, saying that it's the owner's fault that the bird flew off, and the bird is better off with the new guy...that's just a moron, ignore it...

I know that the dates are messed up, but it's possible that this guy just put down the wrong date as being the 12th rather than the 9th...The birds look exactly alike, and how many lost cockatiels that look alike could be missing in that same area, as Salinas and Modesto are basically the same city, they run right into each other...

OP
reeb

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
fb9c143a5e544d092d71ce55ff87e646.jpg

Saw this comment so I responded...

OP
reeb

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Here's a link to the Craigslist ad I placed:

https://monterey.craigslist.org/pet/6589720599.html

And that's just moronic, saying that it's the owner's fault that the bird flew off, and the bird is better off with the new guy...that's just a moron, ignore it...

I know that the dates are messed up, but it's possible that this guy just put down the wrong date as being the 12th rather than the 9th...The birds look exactly alike, and how many lost cockatiels that look alike could be missing in that same area, as Salinas and Modesto are basically the same city, they run right into each other...

Thank you for doing this!! I am hoping that the owners are checking online to see if they can find their bird :(

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I posted the link to the Craiglist ad from the missing cockatiel's owner on the YouTube comments to the video, hopefully this will influence this guy to contact the owner, or at least should shut-up the trolls stating that the bird "now belongs to him" and that "the bird is better off with him since the first owner lost him", and whatever other idiotic things they are posting...

Is there a way to contact YouTube and have them do something about this? Or maybe the Salinas police? I don't know, this is awful though...I'm hoping the owner of the lost Cockatiel either calls me back or emails me back, his phone went right to voicemail, he's probably at work...

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Accidents happen, dogs jump the fence sometimes, does hat mean it's the owners fault? No. We have countless stories here of people accidentally leaving a door or window ajar and their bird flying out, that isn't the owners fault, accidents happen.

yeah it's TOTALLY better with the guy who gives 0 cares about how to properly care for a bird. at least the cage size is decent but that's literally all I can support him on.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
fb9c143a5e544d092d71ce55ff87e646.jpg

Saw this comment so I responded...

Well you never know, maybe he's in that general area too. The other guy who actually put a lost cockatiel Craigslist ad up is named Raul, and he lives within minutes of Salinas, CA. We'll see, I still haven't heard back from him yet.

What a jerk that guy is, it literally took me 30 seconds to do a Google search for "craigslist pets salinas, ca" and then to click on the link and see the "lost cockatiel" ad...and this guy hasn't bothered to even do what I did, or what anyone else on this forum has already done...

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Can someone download or screenrecord the video? I know YouTubers love to take down videos to hide they've ever done anything wrong and if legal actions need to be taken it would be good to have. I would do it myself but I am on a trip and don't have access to the means to do so.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Soooo...I just read this thread and this is really really messed up. Ugggggggg!

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I commented and asked what the h*ll he was doing keeping this bird that someone has obviously lost!!

Makes my blood boil.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
I'm not on a device I can download the video with right now, but you're right, he's likely to not care and just pull-down his video...I still haven't heard back from the owner of the lost cockatiel on Craigslist yet...ugh...

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Screenshot_20180515-095202.jpg

He doesn't care. He just sees his animals as ad revenue. If this is who I think it is he use to keep a cockatiel (I think) outside in a tinytiny filthy and completely empty cage hanging from a tree outside.
He also takes his young and completely untrained IRN outside without any harness or carrier or protection at all and let's him just hobble around in the grass and climb a tree. I haven't seen a video in awhile but last I saw his IRNs cage was pretty void of toys

Here, let me "accidentally find" your dog! It is now my dog because you were irresponsible for having your dog off leash! :rolleyes:

I tried reaching out... haven't received a response.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Well at least he knows you shouldn’t House a cockatiel with, say, a parrot. [emoji849] What a horrible human being idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caiquewalk

Feb 16, 2018
Media
We all beyond any doubt have our own beliefs and points of view. I know the topic makes me sad, but others may feel it silly and trivial. I accept that, and we should all try just a little if we can to do that.

Last edited:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
It is very possible that you would change your opinion if it was your bird and you know that.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
We all beyond any doubt have our own beliefs and points of view. I know the topic makes me sad, but others may feel it silly and trivial. I accept that, and we should all try just a little if we can to do that.

I think simply of this quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Not saying the person here in question is evil. They are doing so with the best intentions of keeping this Tiel safe, but it is misguided and not a moment of thought is spared for the owners who clearly worked hard with this bird. To sit back and just allow this person to keep them is in itself evil. Any who think that this new person should keep the bird without looking, picture yourself in the shoes of the true owners and imagine how furious, how saddened you would be to find your bird is with someone not even attempting to reunite you with your feathered friend. Would you do this to a dog? To a cat? No, so why should it be okay for a bird?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions