so excited!!!

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Ok so i have dug around and done some research. now i am moving on to the next step *drum roll please* hands on experience. i was lucky enough to find a breeder within an hour of my house and she has agreed to let me volunteer on Saturdays. so i will get some great hands on experience with the help of a pro as well get to know and keep an eye out for any that stand out or choose me. however i have my eyes on either a b&g a green wing, a calico or a harlequin. out of curiosity is it normal to be this excited?

Enjru

Banned
Banned
Feb 19, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
1 x Scarlet Macaw, 2 x DYHA's
Excited re: being with all different kinds of macaw = normal
Excited re: learning about birds = normal
Excited re: shovelling bird poo all day...ROFLMAO!!

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
That's great! I love to see people getting some hands on before they take a bird like that on. That's what I did! ^_____^ Have a good time.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
That's great! You should get some great hands on experience, and kudos for doing your research and not decided solely on looks when choosing the right bird for your family.

And yes, it's good that you're so excited, we have 14 birds plus some babies and eggs and I still get obnoxiously excited for newcomers :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Excited re: being with all different kinds of macaw = normal
Excited re: learning about birds = normal
Excited re: shovelling bird poo all day...ROFLMAO!!

Shoveling poo....LMAO.......:eek:

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
The poo I can handle. If its been on a farm I've shoved it.and where I work we have an over abundance of pigeons (in a foundry of all places) so a lot of times we literally are using snow shovels and wheelbarrows to pick it up

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Ok I know ill be helping out and learning while I volunteer. However I would still like to get some hints tips and advice before I start to get a bit of a head start. So please fire when ready.
Thank you in advance
Andrew

Most Reactions