So soon!

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
2 more weeks and I should be getting my baby Sun Conure in about 2 weeks! I'm so excited!

I still have to get the carrier ready but man am I excited to finally go to the breeders and meet the bird for the first time! For hopefully! A life time companion.

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
I'm going to pick out my very first bird (possibly a yellow side conure) this weekend! I'm super excited too! I have to transport my birdie buddy over an hour away though, what are you using as a carrier? :grey: (oh god the bird smilies are too cute...)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Andrea, I used a small cat/dog carrier lined with a towel to bring home my GCC for a 2 hour trip.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I'm using a medium sized dog carrier, cleaned out of course, then lining it with a towel. Not yet decided on what to do to keep the carrier from getting hot or drafts(Just keep air conditioner off I suppose?).

Any suggestion on that Rio?

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I brought a small blanket with me that I draped over the carrier when I took it outside to avoid drafts. I kept it over the sides of the carrier when in the car, but left the front uncovered so he could see. The day I brought him home I was lucky that the weather was really good, not too cold or hot.

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Alright, I'll have to do that! Thank you :) Sorry to hear that your bird got hurt btw

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Fantastic! I've been doing so much research it's CRAZY! haha The man says he'll get me my birdie buddy if I show him that I know my stuff! haha I've got 15 pages of everything from training tips to cage configurations, Diet suggestions, DIY toy ideas and health questions!!

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Oh I might have to get that page of cage configuration from you lol

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
sure thing! I'll scan it and message it to you if you want! haha I'm going to take all my notes up the the store I'm getting the conure from (they specialize in birds and reptiles :) it's a little family store, they're good people and really knowledgeable) and see if they approve and get some feedback, then I'll type it up and send you a copy if you'd like! I've been googling like crazy haha

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I'd love if you could do that, thank you! I wish we had a place like that lol, everyone in my area seem to be more specialized in dogs/cats

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
I have a tendency to find people that like odd critters haha actually, I was looking at a bird at a Petsmart and an employee told me not to get it but to go to this little hole in the wall place instead! haha I've been really pleased with everything I've heard about them so I'm excited! haha I'll make sure to send you a copy when I'm done with it, probably some time on sunday :) I'll add to it and send you updates too if you want! I'd love to help others and learn with them!

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I'd love to receive updates if it not to much of your time!

Glad that you found a nice place though, I'm sure I'll come across something like that some day

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
No problem at all! When I'm not working or studying I'm generally researching how to take care of different animals and how to make things haha I'm thinking about making a thread seeing how many people would be interested in something like this, I think it'd be fun!

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Nope! haha I'm a Graphic Communications major. I design stuff and print stuff and make websites and photography, stuff like that lol

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
Oh no where close lol Sounds like a interesting career though

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
Haha thanks! I'm still searching for names lol and more do it yourself stuff! lol I love making things! especially for my critters :rainbow1:

OP
Sabbath

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I actually made my cat post out of all the boxes I got with the bird cage ^-^ The cat loves it (He has a weird obsession with boxes). So I understand what you mean by loving to do stuff by yourself lol

Actually never thought of that one, if the bird turns out to be a male I might actually name the bird Sabbath, I'm actually at a cross between Louis(After Louis Armstrong) and Sabbath now lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts