crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
that is exactly what you need!!

"Today I will be trying to get some Apple cider vinegar or other fungal infection meds and electrolytes as well as Baytril."

Apple Cider will cut down on the yeast overgrowth. No doubt he has a fungal infection due to his crop issues.
the Electrolytes will boost his immune system, and give it a good kick start.

the Baytril will surely help him fight any hidden infection, it is possible he may have a secondary infection.....poor little guy. he's trying so hard to hang on.

I hope you get it into him in time....

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
I looked up Dr. Alex Grioni quickly myself and he has the same type of bird refuge experience my beloved vet does! I would call them, if your little one is not showing signs of improvement there could be damage to the sac or infection over beyond just yeast, which apple cider vinegar will help with, we used same when Victoria was hand raising the tiel babies. But tho we were confident she was doing everything right, they made several visits to the vet to be safe.

I understand you worked with some vets, but do you personally know Dr. Alex Grioni??? Could be a great avian vet you just never had the good fortune to work with!

Good luck and hope the baby pulls thru.

Most Reactions

Latest posts