Starting to sing

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Or something. I can't tell what she's saying (it may be Spanish from her old family)... But I had opera on yesterday, classic rock today. She started whistling yesterday.
Today it's full blown who knows what. I'm in my room around the corner because when I come in her room she stops and comes to see me.

[ame="http://youtu.be/aqmeXP6o9YY"]http://youtu.be/aqmeXP6o9YY[/ame]

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Sounds like an attempt to sing:) Keep playing the music she seems to like and it may evolve into decipherable words:)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I'm in here cracking up. Her attempts are so much fun!
Clearly she didn't like country. :( and not big on pop either... Sadly.

She's been going for almost an hour. I finished cleaning their cages and brought Loki back in from his outside sun time and she started in almost immediately after I put her in her cage.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Wow, I wish Amy would attempt to "sing"...unfortunately she prefers to YELL :eek: but at least its in recognizable words,especially when young kids,young teens,are walking down the sidewalk chatting loudly!

HELLOOOOO??!!?? HOW ARE YOUUUUUUU??? lol. Then it is tolerable :green:

Jim

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Lol.
Chiqui says hola and hello alllll the time.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Now that was precious! Yes, I think she was most definitely trying to sing, and what a sweet (and melodic) voice your Chiqui has!! :D

I know what you mean about cracking up as you were hearing her! I tell you what, if neighbors hear her, they will think you brought home a small child, HAHAHA!!!

Classical music will get my Amazons going each and every time. If you want Chiqui to enjoy pop, try dancing and singing WITH her while it's playing. Yes, I'm being serious. Then call it a house party! :D

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My new guy Jonesy,the 'too...heLOVES rock..honestly!The Rolling Stones especially. One of his very first nights here, he was on top of his house and I had a classic rock station on < the stereo is on more than the boob tube> and I aint got no..."SATISFACTION" came on..he stopped whathe was doing,his little top knot wnt up,and he was JUMPING and BOBBING,and his tail opened up,he was having a blast!
He went nuts when Pink Floyd and Van Halen played also..what goofy bird :)

Jim

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
She is at it again. She starts to whistle that wolf call and then it turns to a melody whistle. Then she starts jabbering.
I sent the clip to the girl I used to nanny (animal science major at va tech- freshman) and she called it creepy lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts