Strange Bird Dropping! (picture included)

Tsukimaru

Jul 8, 2011
Kuwait
Parrots
Congo African Grey!
Hey Guys!! how have you been? sorry i didn't update you with anything lately ive been cooped up with college!!.. my CAG is doing fine... eats and drinks fine!! Finally Switched him to pellets..he doesnt like them but at least he is eating em!! :D :D ... ok so i noticed his droppings have changed from green to brown and i know it is because the pellets But i have noticed that this week every time i get him out of the cage the first thing he does is This Weird Dropping!!! its quit large for his normal droppings, but later on his droppings goes back to normal!! so why he does that every time he gets out the cage!? and does it look like a healthy dropping? :smile005: i dont think so..

(((Sorry For The Disgusting Image))) xD

tsukimaru-albums-my-cag-3-picture2486-weird-droping.jpg

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
if that his 1st dropping of the day?? welcome to the morning poop! but looks a little small for a morning poop! if its the morning poop, you need to feed your bird more before bed time

i cant make out the colours, to me it looks like a very wet dropping from a height, nut does similar ones after we have a bath, till the excess waters out of her system

but and this is most important, if you cannot explain this dropping from food and water your birds had, vet ASAP

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
It sounds like he's learning to "hold it" in his cage - and as suebee mentioned your seeing the "morning poop."

It doesn't seem to troubling to me - particularly if the rest of his droppings throughout the day look more normal. But if you're concerned, a vet check up can't hurt (except in the wallet).

Steven

Jul 13, 2010
Pretoria, South Africa
Parrots
Sun Conures - Jin (male) & Sun (female).
Senegals - Sparky (female), Spike (male).
Eclectus (vosmaeri) - Ruby (female)
Eclectus (vosmaeri) - Jagermeister (male)
Peach Faced Lovebirds - Eros & Cupi
Hey Tsukimaru,
from what I know from droppings, if you change your parrots diet from mix seed/fruit etc to pellets is quite normal for the colour to change from green to brown; and might remain so. Its part of the conversion :).
Just remember not to give him any pellets that are coloured, contain preservatives and added sugars :)...but from the colour of the dropping, I can assume he's on non-coloured pellets :). Best of Luck :)

Most Reactions