Sunny update! More photo spam!

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Bit of fowl language in the Urban Dictionary.
A lot of people get a good laugh out of that name, and he can be a bit of a Prime Minister at times (thinks he's above the rest, he should start campaigning I think!)
Thanks
Noah Till

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hmmmmmm yes a few of those definitions were a little R-rated, weā€™ll just stick with the Prime Ministerial one shall we?

And the one written by username Qantas747400 was NOT written by me!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
On the 9th December 2018 Sunny came into my life.
I made a promise to him that he can go back to the wild when healthy, strong and ready.
JPW6mkS.jpg

sFLEmba.jpg

One month later weā€™d already become firm friends..
On this day today, 1 year ago..
v9HN49s.jpg

X3mPoVD.jpg

YaQurhn.jpg

Tonight when I got out my car, I heard a sqwark behind me (not unusual as there are hundreds of cockys here). I turned around and there was a lone Corella flying down towards me in between the trees. My heart absolutely skipped a beat, Sunny?! It flew quite close Making Corella noises before swooping back up and sitting briefly on branch. Where I called out ā€˜Sunny?..Sunny..Sunnyā€™ and made our little noises we made to each other. No reply. It then flew off.
I felt sick, my heart was in shock. I thought my boy had come to say hello. It wasnā€™t him. Well.. maybe it was, perhaps his tail feathers had grown back? After all it has been about 5 months since I last saw him? Maybe he only talks in real Corella talk now? Maybe he wanted to say hi from a distance..
Iā€™ll never know if that was him. I donā€™t think it was. But it was a strange moment, why was it flying straight down towards me?

One thing I do know.. I look out for him everyday. And I miss him more than my heart can cope.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
5 months? That very well could've been him. But whether it was or not, I do believe he's out there. With a family of his own. You did a wonderful job getting him ready for life back in the wild. I think he just finally acted on all you'd prepped him to do.

I so hope he does find time to pop in and definitively let you know it's him.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Beautiful photo throwback, Hannah! From the first to last, you honored a commitment and perhaps that was Sunny checking in. Mighty strange coincidence for a lone corella to make such appearance. Keep your eye out for repeat performance, and perhaps something more!

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
I love your story of Sunny! Such amazing pictures and an amazing story of very unselfish love:) I know him leaving has hit you hard, but know that you experienced something that probably most people never will. He is back to being a wild bird again and living a "normal" bird life. What you did for him was beautiful so I hope you can find peace in knowing that. Have a wonderful day!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Geeez Hannah...I thought forsure you were going to say he landed on your head. I need a tissue now. :31:

Jim

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I reckon it was Sunny! You just don't get a single corella swooping down on its own. There are *always* other flock members nearby. So, I think it was Sunny just giving you a heads-up that he's OK. :)

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Some times their noises can change too! Alex no longer makes a lot of the little noises we used to make to each other. Especially after that 6 months or so we spent apart when I moved before him, his noises are actually quite a bit different. He has some of the same whistles and chirps, but some new ones, and he ignores some others that we used to make to each other.

I also think it may have been Sunny.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hey everyone! I do hope it was Sunny, The farm has been overtaken with sulphur crested cockys the past few months. There are still Corellas around but they usually just fly past in the morning and evening. But the past couple of days Iā€™ve noticed and heard more Corellas again. Perhaps heā€™s back, maybe his been with his flock spending most of the time over the hill.
I was feeling very emotional last night after the strange Corella encounter. Just thinking back on his little characteristics, His funny noises and hilarious attitude. And the lovely company he gave me. I got overwhelmed and missed him terribly. Hence the post. But Iā€™m okay most of the time. I have accepted his gone and I know thatā€™s what I wanted for him. :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I agree with Betrisher, I think it was Sunny paying you a visit. Hopefully he will do so again soon!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I agree too, it was Sunny just letting you know all is well. :heart:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hey everyone! I do hope it was Sunny, The farm has been overtaken with sulphur crested cockys the past few months. There are still Corellas around but they usually just fly past in the morning and evening. But the past couple of days Iā€™ve noticed and heard more Corellas again. Perhaps heā€™s back, maybe his been with his flock spending most of the time over the hill.
I was feeling very emotional last night after the strange Corella encounter. Just thinking back on his little characteristics, His funny noises and hilarious attitude. And the lovely company he gave me. I got overwhelmed and missed him terribly. Hence the post. But Iā€™m okay most of the time. I have accepted his gone and I know thatā€™s what I wanted for him. :)

I'd be overjoyed and uplifted with this experience. Put it "out in the universe" you want repeat visits with more clarity. You just never know!

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Even if the case you cannot get him back (which I highly doubt), you know he is doing well like the little champion he is, and he must be living well like a true Corella
Thanks
Noah Till

Most Reactions

Latest posts