Tell me about your Alexandrines - Stories, Videos, Pictures etc

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
Bertram - Alexandrine Parrot
Oh my goodness! :( That is so rude! You can't just ask one price and then suddenly double it, that's so silly! What was he asking? (If you don't mind me asking)

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
WOAH! That's crazy! I personally still think that it's ridiculous that he double his asking price after you show some interest! Oh well I suppose it wasn't meant to be. I only paid $250 for Bert :\ and I live in Australia!

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
I only paid $100 for Yuki and I love her to bits :)
The old owner sold her cheap as they had too many birds.
Alexandrines usually sell from $200-$400. That's from what ive seen :)
At the moment the are in the higher $400-$500.

I would get him but I can't afford $800 sadly. I think he has sold the Alexandrine now. :(

LSMITTZ

Jun 26, 2012
Media
Parrots
Sir Reginald of Lambert a.k.a Reggie - Alexandrine
I paid $750 for Reggie >.< I hope I didn't pay too much.
I love him so much, sometimes I think too much :p me & my mom think we have a...strange relationship. lol!

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
I know what you mean! They're just so lovable :) Does Reggie see you as his mum?

LSMITTZ

Jun 26, 2012
Media
Parrots
I sure hope he does! ^.^

but I have another question for you guys, I have 2 terriers & one of them went for Reggie & now he has this patch of missing feathers on his tummy that he gets upset at when you touch. like you can see skin. I don't know if he's hurt or what. there was no blood or anything, but he does get very agitated when you touch it. so I wanted to know if I should take him to the vet, or if it's just some missing feathers & they'll grow back. thanks!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I sure hope he does! ^.^

but I have another question for you guys, I have 2 terriers & one of them went for Reggie & now he has this patch of missing feathers on his tummy that he gets upset at when you touch. like you can see skin. I don't know if he's hurt or what. there was no blood or anything, but he does get very agitated when you touch it. so I wanted to know if I should take him to the vet, or if it's just some missing feathers & they'll grow back. thanks!

He's probably just afraid... If you touch any other specific area of his body he'll most likely act the same...

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
He was asking $400 for him at first. Now he is asking for $800. :(

I'm in Australia, and most people ask $350 for a baby alexandrine, hand rasied... I have seen people asking a rehoming fee over $600, which is ridiculous...

Dragonwyke

Aug 12, 2011
Oneco, Florida
Parrots
Bugg - 8yr old female Senegal
Sylvio - 10yr old male U2
Lolita - 15yr old female Alex
all these little alexandrine stories are so sweet. the one i have is not a sweetie tho. she's a vicious snake in the grass girl. she was released to me about 2mos ago. the people that had her said they'd had a baby and "didn't have he time" anymore. so she came here, like the rest of my flock. apparently she hasn't been handled in quite some time because she just does not play well w/others, lol.

she's about 15+yrs old, or they said they've had her for 15yrs and she was an adult when they got her. lol. but that age makes it very difficult to retame. she's a tough nut to crack. but like all your birds, she does make the most endearing sounds, and she loves to take food from my hand, she'll "talk" to me thru the cage, and whistle and make these funny little gurgling sounds when she knows i'm ready to uncover her cage in the mornings. i just love her to death. her name is Lolita, she calls herself Lolo. just the prettiest little thing. :D

maria

Devann

Aug 2, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Vino - Alexandrine, Spot - Congo African Grey
When I went to visit my Alexandrine, Vino today (she comes home with me on monday) she was making this sound that sounds something like a construction worker whistling at a passing attractive woman and another that her current owner's 3 year old daughter describes as her "jaguar" noise - sounds very much like a large cat LoL! I will have to try and get some video of this when I get her home... too cute!

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
So today i gave Alex a biscuit, she loves them and always takes them! She took it, i said good girl and she said "ta!" and i went to go walk away and leave her to eat her biscuit, then something hit me in the eye. She threw the biscuit at my face, outch. So what does she do? "HAHAHAHAAAHA SOOOOOORRY SORRYYYYY! HAHAHAHAH!" YEP Ales thanks, thats real hillarious!!
Shes funny but lol.

sana13

Apr 27, 2012
Lahore, Pakistan
Parrots
Indian ringneck, *Twinkle*
Alexandrine parakeet *Cookie*
My alex, Cookie. When i adopted him :)

Attachments

• 205380_4199486022852_757437063_n.jpg
    205380_4199486022852_757437063_n.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
Oh my word! Sana13 how did you not just squeeze him? ;) So cute!

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
So cute! :)
My Alex makes many cat sounds. He LOVES to meow. One of his best friends are my cats. :p

Brodie Alex sounds just like Yuki. But she will throw food at you to just try and get your attention. It doesn't stop at food it also is with some of her toys.

Sana cookie is sooo cute! You just have to love baby pics. :D

OP
Ash

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
all these little alexandrine stories are so sweet. the one i have is not a sweetie tho. she's a vicious snake in the grass girl. she was released to me about 2mos ago. the people that had her said they'd had a baby and "didn't have he time" anymore. so she came here, like the rest of my flock. apparently she hasn't been handled in quite some time because she just does not play well w/others, lol.

she's about 15+yrs old, or they said they've had her for 15yrs and she was an adult when they got her. lol. but that age makes it very difficult to retame. she's a tough nut to crack. but like all your birds, she does make the most endearing sounds, and she loves to take food from my hand, she'll "talk" to me thru the cage, and whistle and make these funny little gurgling sounds when she knows i'm ready to uncover her cage in the mornings. i just love her to death. her name is Lolita, she calls herself Lolo. just the prettiest little thing. :D

maria

Sounds a lot like my Alex when I got him. Though he was young when I got him, just a year old. He use to squawk and stress out when you went near his cage. Even if you were at least a meter near him. He was abused at his old home and was given to me by my "friend". They use to "punish" him when he went bite them. App he was an aviary bird when he was at the bird. So no human contact.

After a few months I was able to tame him. He HATES males though. But he adores me now and is the sweetest thing. :) I can't wait for his ring to come in. I don't actually know he is male as I never got a DNA cert, but I was told he was DNA'd. But I can't really trust the source.

LSMITTZ

Jun 26, 2012
Media
Parrots
quick question about baths: Reggie is starting to get kind of stinky & I spray him with plain water once a day & give him a full bath once a week, but he's starting to stink. is there any light shampoo I could use (like baby shampoo) that would help with the smell?

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Nope i just searched it and sadly theres not using any shampoo on any bird could cause it to end up really sick or worse dead

Last edited:

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
Stinky in what way? Bert smells intensely of bird, funnily enough ;) , and sometimes smells a bit musty (if that's the right word) and then I just give him a bath and I let him dry off in the warm sun! And his feathers get clean and fresh and shiny :)
But no to shampoo! I imagine that birds have very sensitive skin and would react badly to the harsh chemicals of a shampoo.
I would just suggest lots of sun, it's good for their feathers!

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
Also I give him passionfruit which he LOVES! And it makes him and the whole house smell of passionfruit ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts