OP
S

Savi

Feb 15, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Parrots
Ravi (Orange-winged Amazon)
Silvana (Yellow-shouldered Amazon)
Such a YELLOW SHOULDER! I can't see in the pic but has she the yellow thighs that YSA get when they reach and are well into maturuty? Both your babies look well cared for. If you have the time, take a look at Salty videos, I think you will get a charge from them. He is quite a talker and singer too. Is Silva the same?

Back to the issue with her, how much out of cage time does Silvano get every day? These parrots seem to thrive on being in the middle of the 'action,' in our household Salty is out from 1 in the afternoon til 10pm, on his hanging boing/play chains and that's in the middle of our open floor plan house. Silvano may just need more you time. Thanks for posting the pics!
The yellow is close to her ankles, not her whole leg. She would normally be out once I'm at home. When I'm working from home she would be next to me on the chair or on the window sill looking out. She, especially, is very hyperactive, so their rest time is from about 2-5pm. Then I would take her out to feed and she'd remain with me until I go to bed. If I'm going out I would cage her, since she has a habit of climbing through the blocks in the background, so I'm not taking any chances! I will look at your videos, they excite the life out of me..lol

They both love being in the middle of the action. they will fly straight to wherever we are in the house when I have visitors and would laugh and chatter over us..

OP
S

Savi

Feb 15, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Parrots
Such a YELLOW SHOULDER! I can't see in the pic but has she the yellow thighs that YSA get when they reach and are well into maturuty? Both your babies look well cared for. If you have the time, take a look at Salty videos, I think you will get a charge from them. He is quite a talker and singer too. Is Silva the same?

Back to the issue with her, how much out of cage time does Silvano get every day? These parrots seem to thrive on being in the middle of the 'action,' in our household Salty is out from 1 in the afternoon til 10pm, on his hanging boing/play chains and that's in the middle of our open floor plan house. Silvano may just need more you time. Thanks for posting the pics!
Salty is a darling! They seem to love hanging upside down, becuz Silvana will hang from my clothes too! Salty is very calm with that harness, Sil will never allow me to put one on, she hates the restrictions. I guess I spoilt them as babies. The OWA is more common here, so Rav is easy to look after. YSA is new to me and I guess I'm learning the hard way.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thank you from the both of us. Salty is this calm because we work together every night, with out fail, learning new tricks and doing old ones and especially putting his harness on, which he tolerates but does not love. Now it is cold out inNY, so we don't do much harness work..... I like to take him outse right away when he puts it fully on, so he looks forward to it.

Trinidad must be quite different from NY, when my parrot Skylar flewaway, the buildings are so tall ,I think he immediately got lost and no matter how hard i looked i never saw him again. i

OP
S

Savi

Feb 15, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Parrots
Thank you from the both of us. Salty is this calm because we work together every night, with out fail, learning new tricks and doing old ones and especially putting his harness on, which he tolerates but does not love. Now it is cold out inNY, so we don't do much harness work..... I like to take him outse right away when he puts it fully on, so he looks forward to it.

Trinidad must be quite different from NY, when my parrot Skylar flewaway, the buildings are so tall ,I think he immediately got lost and no matter how hard i looked i never saw him again. i
Oh yes, it is very different! What temp do you keep indoors? Do you think Skylar is still alive? Maybe someone found him? I know mines wouldn't survive in the wild now.

OP
S

Savi

Feb 15, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Parrots
They are both beautiful, you are fortunate to have them in your lives!!
Thank you Scott, I love them dearly and couldn't imagine life without them now, altho Silly is a lil troublesome atm.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I doubt he survived the harsh NY winter. Hewas socialized with family but not others so I doubt also he would come to someone. I don't think about him much these days.... long time ago and still painful when I do.

Most Reactions