The baby is LOUD

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Got to see my baby again today. And good lord, was s/he loud! S/he was going on like this for near an hour before falling asleep. (The weeeeeeeewh-splat noise you hear in the background 19 seconds in is an African Grey showing off her sound effects ^_^)

[ame=http://youtu.be/M9mLBK_7e0w?list=UUlsjmz-Y3FWRg0kgVV9K2mg]Loud baby blue and gold macaw - YouTube[/ame]

Aside from being super loud (I think I'm in for it! Or maybe it just means he'll be super-talkative :p), baby was curious and kept trying to climb up me to snuggle into my shoulder. Didn't get any cute pictures of that because of the awkward angle.
20140823_143716_zps29b22eb0.jpg

20140823_151728_zpse1c37c34.jpg

S/he was very alert and curious, looking around at everything.
20140823_143611_zps9193cecd.jpg

It's so hard to tell the color right in the pictures. He's not actually as turquoise as he looks. Right at the top of his wings he's definitely got a turquoise cast to him, but further down his wings are a very, very dark blue. S/he's much darker than the other blue and gold there.
20140823_143624_zps7b230686.jpg

Not the greatest picture (a little blurry), but you can see where his feathers are starting to come in on his chest and under his wings. Shouldn't be too terribly long now before he can be DNA'd.
20140823_143709_zps375d7bb8.jpg

I felt like baby was feeling overstimulated, so I wrapped him up is his blanket and put my hand over the top of his head and he tucked right down to go to sleep.
20140823_153604_zps8354ffef.jpg

Now to bite my fingernails until next Saturday...

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
I wish you could hear how loud he actually was! The video doesn't do him justice. You couldn't hear someone talking from two feet away when he was squawking.

Yet still, he has nothing on the sun conure @.@ He's louder, but at least my ears weren't ringing!

I can't even imagine what my house is going to sound like if they both start going off together (Baby will shake the ceiling lights loose and Loki will shatter them, or something). Which I'm sure they will. I think I will have to buy hubby some quality earplugs so he can work in peace on his work-from-home day.

Kdfhuey

Aug 19, 2014
Parrots
Blue Throated Macaw-Armand
So awesome. Looks like he's going to want to cuddle a lot! Great pics...thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts