The Beaks are pot heads

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
My dear mother-in-law gave me a pair of cork-lidded ceramic cookie pots many years ago. I never really had any use for the pots, but just recently the Beaks have come up with one!

First, they bit around the edges of the cork lids till they fell into the pots. Now, they dive in to bite of bits of cork and cart them round the house as trophies. The funniest thing is when one of the Beaks is in the pot (as pictured) and happens to say 'Hullo' at the same time. It comes out like The Voice from the Crypt! LOLOLOLOL! I love my Beaks!!!

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Ok, I must admit, my eyes got bigger than marbles when I read your title. :eek:

You got yourself some funny Crypt Keepers there. :D

OP
Betrisher

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
LOL! I'm in a good mood today, Wendy. We had a great out-of-cage session with all three birds today and the Beaks got a bit closer to Dommie without anyone spitting the dummy. Also, dear Kim (hubby) is busily making me a you-beaut-mega-fantastic playgym with all sorts of bells and whistles. Mind you, the bells and whistles are still only in his head ATM, but the framework is made and vetwrapped and I've got a cargo net ready to hang. The birds are so tired tonight, they're all fast asleep with their little heads under their wings - exactly as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Yeah, right...

You should *see* the damage they've done in the short time I've had them! They ate the edge off my lovely picnic basket; nibbled the piping off a backpack; consumed the corks of the ceramic pots in the above post and splintered the louvres on our bathroom door. I thought I was being clever by hanging towels over the door, but that only gave the little stinkers access lower down! They creep down the towel and hang upside-down, all the while munching and crunching away on the thin louvres. Is nothing sacred???

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
nope!....everything belongs to them....you should see my blinds in our bedroom!!....shredded, but they were ugly anyways and now I get to buy new ones, ha ha

I buy wicker baskets at used clothing stores and put toys in them, they spend hours on them playing, and it only cost me $1.00

OP
Betrisher

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Parrots
HAH! Crimson, you are a genius! Why didn't I think of that? I was silly enough to pay $$$ for 'foot toys' from a petshop and they lasted less than five minutes. I should have given the Beaks ten dollar bills to shred: it would've been more cost effective! I'll be at the Op Shop on Monday morning, picking up some wicker baskets!

(PS. D'you wash them in hot suds or anything before giving them to your birds? Just to get rid of an gakk that might be lurking?)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I used to loveee watching Tales from the Crypt...is that show even on anymore????

diadins

Jul 10, 2013
WI
Parrots
Sun Conure-Iris
That's great, they will get into anything and everything that they can :)

gemgem19

Jul 28, 2013
Parrots
Teddy- male eclectus parrot
Minty- alexandrine parrot
Merlin- Alexandrine parrot
Sherbie- female rainbow lorikeet
Scooter- female rainbow lorikeet
Hahaha I must admit your post made me laugh :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts