Has dermatitus how to make him more comfortable

Katu

May 27, 2017
GTA, ON
Parrots
Male blue budgie!
Looking forward to more updates. I hope you see improvements soon.

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Thanks guys [emoji173]

Im hoping too, i changed his heat lamp to a ceramic infrared so we all can sleep without a bright red light in our faces lol

I will keep you all updated with his progress :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Some good news.

Idea! How about trying to increase foods that heal? Do what you say?

red bell pepper, apple, celery stalks! You could add a little of this also http://www.parrotmag.com/parrots-blog/985-turmeric-a-powerful-healing-spice

Finely chop and add to some cooked rice, or pasta if they like?
I didn't know they could have tumeric how cool is that, i love tumeric [emoji7]

What sort of rice & pasta can they eat (only brown ? All i have is white rice & macaroni/spaghetti, i have never tried them on that
Can they have any type of pasta ?
(Sorry about all the questions i didnt know they could have all this stuff, im excited that i can eat it myself if they don't like it, couldnt do that with certain other stuffs lol)

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Some good news.

Idea! How about trying to increase foods that heal? Do what you say?

red bell pepper, apple, celery stalks! You could add a little of this also Turmeric: a powerful healing spice

Finely chop and add to some cooked rice, or pasta if they like?
I didn't know they could have tumeric how cool is that, i love tumeric [emoji7]

What sort of rice & pasta can they eat (only brown ? All i have is white rice & macaroni/spaghetti, i have never tried them on that
Can they have any type of pasta ?
(Sorry about all the questions i didnt know they could have all this stuff, im excited that i can eat it myself if they don't like it, couldnt do that with certain other stuffs lol)

From what I've seen they can any type of pasta (not 100% on the rice) but wholewheat is preferred as it's healthier

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Yes wholewheat is best but some of the white will be OK.

Rice ensure it is fresh cooked, rinsing plenty before cooking and after and don't cook and store as there are risks associated with this, for us as well!

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Ahhh thanks so much guys !!!!
il start off with the sprouted seeds and then move onto the pasta rice mixes we don't really eat that much rice or pasta but if we do its mostly white so incase they dont like it, it wont be such a waste of food lol

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Hello everyone

Just giving a update (didnt know wether to make a new thread so just posted it here)

Bluey is going to the vets again 2moro for blood tests and to have the collar put on, his plucking has gotten worse with even more blood & bald patches with raw & inflamed skin (whenever i leave the room & come back theres just loads of feathers there hes pulled out,

I have been giving him his medication as told by the vets, slowly changing him to tops pellets, the getting them both to eat veg is still a failure a very big messy failure *sigh*

So that is basically it not the news i wanted to give....

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
If they are under stress, don't be in a rush to convert their diet. Changing slowly is the right thing. I'm sorry to hear Bluey is having such trouble. If only we could speak parrot!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
aw sorry it's not good news. I'd stick away from changing the diet just yet as for the reasons kentuckienne put above.

Hopefully the cone of shame does its job

OP
minxydoodles

minxydoodles

Mar 24, 2015
london
Parrots
2 beautiful lovies
Sorry for late reply havent been feeling too great myself either

Yeaaa im slowly introducing him to the tops pellets he is eating some as when iv checked his food bowl theres ones that are crushed so that's good im still on the 50/50 week of introducing their food, 2moro will be 75/25
My other one still refuses to even try them so she is my biggest hurdle right now foodwise lol
Will be going back to vets on the thursday so im hoping by then there will be some form of improvement from the change of antibiotics.

Greens are still a no go unfortunately but im still trying....

Most Reactions