the best has yet to come!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
For those of you who haven't read some of my threads, I have been utterly plagued with most of my finch babies being tossed from the nests.

there have been upwards to 20 of them, and my heart just couldn't take any more.

I had removed my male star finches from my females to prevent any further casualties.
My gouldians were doing the same, tossing their chicks at will. Until now!!

I am pleased to say that they raised one healthy gouldian chick and fledged the nest just yesterday.

It will be fully coloured after it's first moult, and looks rather drab right now, but to me he is gorgeous, because he is alive!!!:D:D:D

my beauty is perched, while mom looks on from below

IMG_0968_zps5fd0accb.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

mistywaterwoman

Jan 25, 2013
New Orleans, LA
Parrots
2 Peach-faced lovebirds (1 SeaGreen)
Fabulous!! Congratulations!! Gouldians are some gorgeous little birdies, and they make such pleasant noises. My mom had a pair for a long time, and she just adored them.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
thanks mistywaterwoman

yes I am pretty excited, as you could probably tell ;)

I can't wait to see it turn into a rainbow of colours, and I still have to pick a name for him

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
That's so exciting! The baby is so cute!

Have you ever been interested in society finches? A friend of mine used to breed all kinds of finches, and red factor canaries, when her's threw out chicks or eggs she would put them in with the society finches who were fantastic parents. They even raised cardinal eggs she found in a chopped down tree.

Last edited:
OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thankyou copperarabian, yeah I think he's cute too.

I have 3 pairs of them.

my first pair have only fostered 2 of the chicks that were tossed but died, probably due to the fall.

I bought 2 more pair just recently, so they are still settling in. it was impossible for one society pair to foster so many chicks, the nests just aren't big enough and very demanding on the parents.

Societies will only foster other chicks when they are nesting themselves, so timing is everything.

Most Reactions

Latest posts