The Continuing Capers of Companion-ing Cotton

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Thanks all for the warm wishes and commiseration! Cotton has decided that banana flavor is ok if it comes on a pine nut! It's been a bit of a messy affair, and he gets three pine nuts out of this deal 😳😳😳, but hey it works! He's even taking them out of my fingers and asking for the next one. Maybe banana flavor will be the thing that unlocks the next trust level :)

He hasn't ever enjoyed bread type foods (yet!) but he LOVES berries - my black raspberries are ripe now so my backup plan was to squirt his dose onto a mashed berry.

PXL_20230621_224304268.jpg

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Thanks all for the warm wishes and commiseration! Cotton has decided that banana flavor is ok if it comes on a pine nut! It's been a bit of a messy affair, and he gets three pine nuts out of this deal 😳😳😳, but hey it works! He's even taking them out of my fingers and asking for the next one. Maybe banana flavor will be the thing that unlocks the next trust level :)

He hasn't ever enjoyed bread type foods (yet!) but he LOVES berries - my black raspberries are ripe now so my backup plan was to squirt his dose onto a mashed berry.

View attachment 52252
Looks like he's got a good amount of feather growing in too!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

View attachment 52252
Cotton you are a STUNNING vision in green and white 😍 Way to go, young man!!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I was watching a utube video of a lovebird named Blondie that permanently lost all his feathers to PBFD infection. He is completely naked from head to toe but his humans love him and treat him like any other bird but he can't fly. He runs around the house buck naked and is really cute and playful. I think baby birds are adorable before they grow feathers so why not an adult bird?
I would worry about him getting cold. People from all over knit him little sweaters and hats but he wont wear them. He cuddles with stuffed animals when he's cold or sleeping. There's another naked lovebird Rhea, wirh the same condition but apparently she does wear sweaters people knit for her.
Cotton isn't bald like these two lovebirds and has a full head of feathers but doesn't Cotton get cold or does he have enough down to stay warm?

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
@DonnaBudgie I've seen Blondie too and think he's SO cute!!!

I do keep Cotton's area above 75F degrees all year, and have a humidifier for winter. He tends to chew his feathers so last year he was naked again by late fall, then gets his warm layers back in time for the hottest part of summer!

@Keet_Krazy he's doing much better with his molt this year!

Most Reactions

Latest posts