The forum and what goes on?>?>

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
The first thing Bucc does when he comes in here is say "find the birdies" and I have to show him some pics.

This good heart he has, is one of the thousand reasons I love this little guy!:D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Is the picture gallery available to be viewed by non-members? I know that in some forums it's not, so maybe they register to look at pics.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I've just logged out and I can still go through it so no its open to everyone. :D

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
Keupi, yeah unfortunately some threads do get left unresolved, purely because we're not professionals but only bird people that may have had the same thing happen or we have read something that may have helped. For instance a screaming parrot, we all have different ways of dealing with it that don't work on other fids,

Please don't ever feel that because you are a newbie you shouldn't say anything to bring us back to the subject in hand, sometimes thats just what we need. Also if you don't agree with something that we may say then tell us, we don't take it personally and its always good to have the perspective of others. :D

What I was meaning there was night times when the fids are in bed, the putor doesn't disturb them. During the day, they sit on top of the door watching me or they come and sit with me, looking at the fids. The first thing Bucc does when he comes in here is say "find the birdies" and I have to show him some pics. :D

Bucc's a cutie. Keupi loves watching TV and watching the computer. It's funny because when I put on the Nick channel - he adores Dora and Diego - and often answers them in fid speak when 'questioned.' My Fritzy was a radio/CD junkie who loved Sinatra. He would dance and sing to anything ole blue eyes and lit up every time I put in a Sinatra CD.

I think that much of life in the fid-dom is life with an eternal toddler/alien. They don't read the books - and from my experience, books are shreddibles (as are remotes, wood, clothing, etc). When I think about parrots, they are not domesticated. As prey animals they have a very strong fight or flight instinct. Also, they have a high level of intelligence. There's many ways one can be proactive, but one must also be highly reactive.

I really love this forum because there are so many people on it who are very fid-wise. Though some things are left unresolved, the community has a lot of wisdom when it comes to fids and ton of humor. It's almost similar to the 'coffee klatch.'

Most Reactions