nzchickadee

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
Good answer flyte!
Ok Meghan I wasn't trying to be rude, but its not like you haven't been to me. My statement was more made at the fact that generally quarantining is something that SHOULD be done and I was ready for a wide range of lectures enforcing that. But I believe i was ok not to in this case. Consider it Kiwi Humour. I apologize.
Small home, young independently vet checked bird, respected well known breeder.
They've even been out, supervised together. All is well in the Steven Household of Birds.

Last edited:

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Ok Meghan I don't think with NZChickadee she was trying to be rude with that statement. There is no need to try and fight back, prove that you can be an adult and lets all act civil. Meghan I know you can be really nice, lets show it to everyone.
As for quarantine everyone has there opinion and while I don't know if there is a right answer we all do things differently. I think we all can state our opinions but not try and lecture people and fight. Nzchickadee I know you have your own reasons for not quaranting them and thats fine with me. You know what you think is best we don't know your birds so we can't tell you what to do or what is right.
Keupi great answer. Flyte I always love that picture.
Now everyone lets all be nice I don't wanna be the big bad moderator I wanna leave that job to Tex. :p

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
:46::46::46::46::46:​

Ok, Mac and Hamlet weren't quarantined, Christy and I just barely have enough for two cages in this place ... We also have our reasons for thinking why this was OK ...

This is a parront's judgment call ... if they think it's ok, and the vet agrees, then there isn't a reason that we should be questioning this ...

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
:46::46::46::46::46:​

Ok, Mac and Hamlet weren't quarantined, Christy and I just barely have enough for two cages in this place ... We also have our reasons for thinking why this was OK ...

This is a parront's judgment call ... if they think it's ok, and the vet agrees, then there isn't a reason that we should be questioning this ...

I understand if you don't have the space, and in that case you take your new bird to the vet before bring it in sight of your current bird. That i know you did Jason & Christy.

She should have said it when she said that she didn't quarantine then. It's as if she WANTED us to fall in to her.

NZ, I'm never rude to you. I was only rude because you were rude towards me.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Actually, Mac was home for about a week before we could get him in to the vets ... and he and Hamlet were in sight of each other ... we didn't have a choice ...

But there was a reason as to why we did what we did ... Hamlet had been boarded at the facility in which we purchased Mac from, and we know how awesome Concetta is with her birds ... I would have NO problems bringing a birdy home from Parrot Safari and introducing them right into the flock without any time at all ...

Again, this is a judgment call best left to the parronts ...

OP
nzchickadee

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie

You chose to interperate it that way.

I chose your respose to my birds having happy huts as rude.

Did I say that? no. I got over it.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies ... NO FIGHTING!!

NZ, Meghan is entitled to her Opinion ... as are you ... if you two can't work it out I am going to send you both to your rooms ...

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|

You chose to interperate it that way.

I chose your respose to my birds having happy huts as rude.

Did I say that? no. I got over it.

It ain't my problem if you chose not to say anything.

I didn't make this a big deal. I said what was in my post, and i am over it. I just felt i had to say something because your comment was rude and un called for.

People may read this think 'oh that means i don't have to quarantine, or oh happy huts ok so i can use them'. I'm just getting the warning through peoples head.

I believe strongly in my opinions, and nothing can change that.

Last edited:

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I am buying Gilligan a happy hut today.
I would get one for Skippah, but I doubt he would use it.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Meghan I think its great to give your opinion, and I agree with your opinion on the quarantine. I don't think NZ was trying to be rude just more joking around about not choosing to quarantine and getting told off for it.
Lets drop it and get along, no one is being rude to anyone.

OP
nzchickadee

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
My budgie and cockatiel both love their huts :) It really is a birds personal opinion.
I have one on each shoulder at the moment :) I love being a multiple bird parront!

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
My budgie and cockatiel both love their huts :) It really is a birds personal opinion.
I have one on each shoulder at the moment :) I love being a multiple bird parront!

You know, I couldn't get Fritzy (my budgie, RIP) to play with a ball until I strung it on a kabob. Actually, he was my only budgie that absolutely refused to play with a toy that wasn't hanging in some way. Food went into dishes and toys hung from things and that was that.

You can't force a fid to play with a toy. Sometimes what's for one isn't for another but who knows with multiple flock behavior. Who knows with any fid.

But isn't it fun when you think you have a good one and then watch your fid do the size up.. stealth approach... and attack?

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
... You can't force a fid to play with a toy ... and then watch your fid do the size up.. stealth approach... and attack?

It's even better when the green-cheek goes into stealth mode and the sunny never sees it coming, or vice-versa ... the other day Hamlet went into stealth mode while Mac was trying to eat his dinner - Ham snuck up on Mac and pulled his tail feathers and ran away almost ... laughing at him ... it was kinda funny to watch ...

:50:

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
It's even better when the green-cheek goes into stealth mode and the sunny never sees it coming, or vice-versa ... the other day Hamlet went into stealth mode while Mac was trying to eat his dinner - Ham snuck up on Mac and pulled his tail feathers and ran away almost ... laughing at him ... it was kinda funny to watch ...

:50:

I've trained myself not to (but I do) notice that Keupi loves to make a silent (stealth) approach, drop, and then, um, bellow. Unfortunately the toy he usually carries has a bell in it. Can't tell you how cute he looks as he proudly marches toy in beak to get that drop...ding... yell which always is a surprise (though I can't figure out how he doesn't hear with each step of the feet the bell is ringing)....

What's funnier is that if I 'notice' him before he just stops and is so still...

It's sort of Snoopy and the Red Baron to describe... but nonetheless... stealth parrot!

:D:D:D:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts