The post I dreaded making...

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Laura, you already know what an enormous amount of respect and love I have for you, and after seeing you poured your heart out on the forum, HATS OFF to you once again!

I know first hand in what bad shape you were (and for a long, LONG time) - more times than not I could barely even understand you when we spoke, not to even mention the cough you had was quite scary. :(

You've done EVERYTHING right, sweetie! Please, no regrets. Don't look back, look and move forward.

THE single most important thing in all this is your health and your well being. :) You found fantastic homes for Mystic, Mojo and Belle (I should REALLY be calling him "Rambo" instead, shouldn't I?)

Hugs to you...and then some more where that came from! :smile015:

Have you shared some of your art on here? I'd love to see some of it :)

Looky here :D
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/42860-what-i-do.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/45150-sunset-oil-paintng.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/43620-another-painting-parrot-related.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/43395-latest-painting.html

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Laura, I'm just now reading all of this. I had no idea you've been going through such an ordeal with your health!

Who could blame you for rehoming your amazons? It is very clear how much love you have for each and every one of the birds under your care. So I can imagine how heavy your heart must have been, and continues to be, when facing the inevitable decision to give them up.

Knowing you, I'm sure you've found wonderful homes for them. And given the love and care that you've lavished upon them, they'll all likely make amazing companion birds for some lucky new parronts.

I'm so glad you've thus far been able to keep Brady, as well as all your beautiful ekkies. And I'll keep you in my prayers, in the hopes that you'll remain in good health and that the rest of your flock will be able to stay intact.

Thank you for sharing, Laura. And despite any trepidation you felt before posting this, it seems to me that most here think more of you after reading, rather than less.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I have Asthma and fully understand. Two dogs and the extra filters I run to keep dust and dander down. It can be scary . People who work around me know they can not wear strong perfume it will just cause issue. I FULLY understand . Much Respect to you

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I'm so glad that you shared your story.
Thank you Wendy for being there for her.
Maybe not everyone will agree but I think you see that you have a lot of support in your decision to re-home.
I hope the new year is much better for you.
Hugs to you, your husband, and your fids.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
You shouldn't feel guilty about taking care of your own health. You didn't just dump them by the side of the road and walk away...

Feel better!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Laura, I am so sorry this all happened:(. At least you are recovering and that Mystic and Mojo found loving families and Belle found a girlfriend. Zons aren't traditionally known to be birds who cause breathing issues. I don't think you could have predicted or known you'd react the way you did, this is not your fault at all. And that's wonderful that your husband is so willing to help out with cleaning Brady so you can keep him since he's so bonded. I really hope your breathing keeps improving!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'

Thanks Wendy for the links. I must've missed these posts (how I don't know!)

You are truly an amazing artist Laura! It must be so nice to be able to get back to your art again. I hope you'll share some more soon.

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
I could absolutely feel the pain in your post.....

You did the right thing. As others have mentioned, you cannot care for them properly when you are having such scary issues. I am so glad to hear that you are recovering! It's great to know that you have been able to keep some of them, too.

So no worries. Just keep getting better, and I am sure you found wonderful homes for them!

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.

Thanks Wendy :D

Edit: I just checked the links, and wow, you're amazing! I can barely even draw a stick figure :p
Really though, amazing art!

Last edited:

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Beautiful work! I've seen some of them before, but I just didn't realize they were yours. My favorite was the sunset.

Most Reactions

Latest posts