LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you Gail and World’s Greatest Ever Footy Tipper Rickeybird although my mate Russell Crowe will be most disappointed to know his beloved Bunnies are slated to lose. Rusty and I go waaaaaaay back dontcha know ;)

Now you’ll have to excuse me cos I’ve just got home from work and HRH Lilly Pilly is demanding my full attention!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Seems like 'ol RB has to consult with his chili pepper first before making his prediction.:rolleyes:

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You nailed it Jim, that’s why Rickeybird’s footy tips are sooooo smokin’ hot!!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
The Rickeybird’s perfect record remains unblemished, Canberra Raiders fans are painting the town green!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am educating the Greater Cleveland area concerning the terms footy, tipper, and footy tipping.

Yes, the chiles are important in almost every part of the Rb's life. In the case of his predictions, I toss one to the cage floor in order to motivate him to enter, descend, and predict. I try to keep every footy tipping session as uniform as possible, doncha know.

Congrats, Canberra!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I am educating the Greater Cleveland area concerning the terms footy, tipper, and footy tipping.

Yes, the chiles are important in almost every part of the Rb's life. In the case of his predictions, I toss one to the cage floor in order to motivate him to enter, descend, and predict. I try to keep every footy tipping session as uniform as possible, doncha know.

Congrats, Canberra!

:D:D LOL...I just love this thread...:p

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Congrats, Canberra!

Thank you Ms Gail, who’d have thunk that footy tipping would’ve been the catalyst of such wonderful cultural cross-pollination!

As for the griping and kvetching by Rival I will not even dignify it with a response, save to say that I imagine his face has taken on a similar day-glo green colour to a Canberra Raider’s jersey!

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
{From the Scrapbook}
Well, if any of you are still following the Bird's obnoxious sports predictions, he is now something like a perfect 8 out of 8, maybe 9. He has predicted that my extreme underdog Cleveland Browns will beat the Super Team Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. Yeah. His hen, (my wife) is teasing me heartlessly with the idea that the Bird is tricking me into hope, the better to break my heart when the Browns lose. Sadly, she told my buddies' wives, and the guys are falling prey to this. They are all excited. IT'S JUST A STUPID BIRD TRICK, I tell them. Nooooo, they say, you never know, don't be so negative! Sunday, 29th at 1 EST. Watch party at my buddy Jack's place. Kill me now.

Channeling the Rickeybird as we await further prediction outcomes...
rUI1Rq2.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well sports fans, the final whistle has blown on this week’s NRL semifinal and the Sydney Roosters are victorious. No surprise to those of us faithful followers of the Rickeybird’s flawless predictions.

Roll on Sunday and the inevitable results of the Browns v Ravens match-up!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
This is all completely beyond anything I could ever have imagined. So it's 7 outta 7, eh? And tomorrow........................................... one of two outcomes..............................
My Browns win, thus bringing me and my buddies joy but requiring that I acknowledge the Bird's success, or...........................................
The Browns lose, thus breaking my heart but happily allowing me to gloat over the Bird's mistake.
I give up. Go, Browns, go Rickeybird.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Much to everyone's astonishment, the underdog Browns trounced the juggernaut Baltimore Ravens!

In the interest of memorializing the Rickeybird's astonishing accomplishment of a perfect string of (*counting on fingers*)... I believe it was 8 consecutive correct calls, I am hereby ending his foray into football predictions!

As a bonus, it has been my great pleasure to learn all about footy tipping. Thank you, LaM. The Rickeybird and I are forever internationalized and enriched!

Rbird Predictions, Inc., is closing its doors.
What a ride...
Whew!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I would say the Rickeybird’s retirement while still undefeated will forever cement his legendary status. It’s always best to bow out on a winning note. We’ll miss you but well done HandiBottleCapperszszzzsszs you are a team for the ages!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Much to everyone's astonishment, the underdog Browns trounced the juggernaut Baltimore Ravens!

In the interest of memorializing the Rickeybird's astonishing accomplishment of a perfect string of (*counting on fingers*)... I believe it was 8 consecutive correct calls, I am hereby ending his foray into football predictions!

As a bonus, it has been my great pleasure to learn all about footy tipping. Thank you, LaM. The Rickeybird and I are forever internationalized and enriched!

Rbird Predictions, Inc., is closing its doors.
What a ride...
Whew!

Not so fast Bird! :eek: The World Serious is around the corner :) You need to meditate with your chili's Oh Gifted One :p

Jim

Oh sorry..just saw you retired from footy predictions and not totally out of the game yet lol

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

…..and on a side note here,I wait with baited breath on how Mr. Rival will respond to the Rickeybirds uncanny success!

Whoo-Yaa RB!

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
…..and on a side note here,I wait with baited breath on how Mr. Rival will respond to the Rickeybirds uncanny success!
Whoo-Yaa RB!
Jim

Our good friend 'Mr. Rival' will likely take a word of yours and expound on it: "uncanny" i.e. "It is better to muss about uncanning cold beer than to uncan a run of luck!" Now that is uncanny! :D

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Thank you, Boats. I was languishing with inability to come up with a suitable exit plan, just like Britain. My thanks, and................................................ CHEERS!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Big game on today, NRL Grand Final day in Sydney.

He may not be predicting the outcome but the game has the Rickeybird’s claw-prints all over it. The finalists are the Sydney Roosterzszsszzs v the Canberra Raiders coached by - wait for it- Ricky Stuart :)

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Okay, well, I'm gonna take this one on myself, and call for the Raiders! Sorry, Roosterszszszssz, but what can I do? The Rb's breeder's last name was Stewart!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Okay, well, I'm gonna take this one on myself, and call for the Raiders! Sorry, Roosterszszszssz, but what can I do? The Rb's breeder's last name was Stewart!

Spooky! So many coincidenceszsszszsszs!! Anyone would think the Rickeybird had orchestrated this whole thing!

Actually I’ve gone off a day early, grand final day is Sunday (oops!) but whatever the outcome, The All-Seeing Oracle Rickeybird will be the winner :)

Most Reactions