The thing I hate most...

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
She is my husband's bird really. She is not too fond of me and sometimes, yes I wouldn't mind shipping her somewhere! LOL. She is however a great pet, never bothersome, easy going. Hormonal at times. I don't think you are on the East coast, but if you were close to me, I would probably let you "borrow" her to see how happy she would be with a mate. She doesn't get along with my other Pionus and is a bit bullied by my Caique at times (who she likes but only because they use each other for preening) :).

I think my partner will side with you, Willie & Java are my birds, they try to attack everyone and only I can handle them. If it weren't for me, they be shipped off somewhere....lol....

I don't agree with hybrids and would personally try to prevent it as much as possible. This is just my opinion, I personally won't ever allow them to see each other again and keep on looking for a mate. If the girl is a hybrid, perhaps find her a more suitable one bird home? You know I bred in the past as well but I was very much against with hybrids or inbreeding....

Violet

May 7, 2012
We'll see, but generally speaking pulling eggs immediately results in "string laying" which can cause chronic layers and strains the hen. So, hopefully they don't lay.

I am not sure if this was in response to my post, but I didn't mean remove them completely. Just make the eggs not viable and give them back :)

Most Reactions