Thinking about a blue crown

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Charliesmom why have you not posted pics of your cinnamon green cheek!

Attachments

• 20181110_131058 (2).jpg
    20181110_131058 (2).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 57
OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Cinnamon green cheek conure
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Haha cute picture! Yes! I need to post some. I have a gazillion on my phone. I need to figure out how to put them on here....

OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Yup, cannot figure out how you get them on here... how do you do it?

OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Who did you get your blue crown from if you don't mind me asking. My sister had an African ring neck flown to her from finch farm and it died within 2 weeks. She thinks it was from the stress of it from being shipped though....

Parrots/birds don't die from the "stress of being shipped", they are shipped by air-shipping every day, all day long, and they're perfectly fine. Thousands of them...If your mom purchased a CAG over the internet from a breeder without ever meeting the bird, and it died within 2 weeks of arriving (regardless of it's age), then something was medically wrong with it, and I hope she went after the breeder, because IT'S SOMETHING THE BREEDER MUST BE AWARE OF IMMEDIATELY because chances are that the bird was sick for weeks if not months and months, LONG BEFORE it was ever shipped to your mom, probably with an Avian Viral Disease, and that means that the breeder's birds are also most-likely sick!

I hope your mom got a Necropsy done on the bird, but it doesn't sound like it unfortunately. Many parrots die in the weeks following coming home from either their breeder or the pet shop they came from, and that means that they were sick, as were other birds where they came from...

It was my sister that had a bird flown to her. All i was saying is what she told me. I don't know why it died. I don't know if she had a necropsy done . This was at least 5 years ago. You seem angry with all your bold print. All I know is what she told me.....

BAMM17

Oct 21, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
"Rudra" - Green Budgerigar; M |
"Nayru" - Blue Crowned Conure; M
Whoever you eventually choose to deal with, whether a local breeder/store in-person, but ESPECIALLY, a remote/distant breeder that would require transporting the bird to your location, be sure to inquire and establish terms of health & genetic defect guarantees.

When I was "shopping" around for potential breeders of BCCs, there were many that offered some kind of guarantee that the bird received would be free of genetic disabilities or health issues. This is usually contingent on a full health evaluation by a certified avian vet immediately after receiving the bird.
Of course, there shouldn't be any reason a breeder sells a known-sick bird, but in rare circumstances most respectable breeders will offer some type of remedy if the bird turns out to be ill or injured.

As far as air travel, I would have to agree with EllenD that generally, the travel itself should not be an issue for most birds or animals. The few airlines that offer the service, typically have strict requirements on health, cage/kennel dimensions, food/water provisions, etc. But obviously their are exceptions and some inherent risks that you will have to reconcile when choosing to purchase a bird remotely in this manner, but my best recommendation would be to get to know your potential breeder as well as possible and don't make a rushed or impulse decision. Take your time and don't settle for less.

Most Reactions

Latest posts