Thinking about seperating my cockatiels.

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So Halloween and the yellow one, who was originally named Hallows Eve but I decided to change it not sure to what though but Hallows Eve does not suit the bird as all, get along great however I am thinking about seperating them. They don't fight or anything, but I just think it would be easier to get halloween coming out of the cage again as after nearly 5 months she STILL will not come out of the cage while I used to get her out of the cage everyday the other day I kinda forced her out though and I think she enjoyed it because she got treats and flew. I forgot she could fly seeing as how she's finishing up her molt.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Separating them apart make them easier to train. But if they have bonded, they will scream for one another.

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
They dont seem to be bonded as they only occassionally preen each other they rarely cuddle together so I'm not seeing much harm done there

rlchic93

Apr 10, 2011
Southern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue capped pionus - Bill

Normal cockatiel - Jack

Blue budgie - Tiki
We actually had to separate our cockatiels and it made it much easier we just put their cages next to each other and they were fine.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We actually had to separate our cockatiels and it made it much easier we just put their cages next to each other and they were fine.

That works yes!!! I'm gonna have to separate my female Cockatiel away from the rest of the flock as soon as she is done with the eggs....She's a egg laying machine.....NOT GOOD! She didn't like boys at the beginning until they moved into the glass cage...Then she lays on the bottom because I did not provide her with a nest box...

Most Reactions