Thinking of names for my future GCC....

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
My 3 yr old male tiel is named "Rascal" but I'm sure my tiel will be an angel compared to a GCC LOL

... but I don't know what to name the GCC I'm getting soon. I was thinking of "Kiwi" or "Coconut". I love tropical names and all things tropical. If anyone has any cute name ideas I would love to hear them :) It looks like I'll be getting a male GCC soon rather than a female.

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I see you've settled on a GCC :). Will he be a normal, or a color mutation? For tropical names, I think Coconut is cute, Coco for short. Honestly, I do think Kiwi is an adorable name for a bird, if you don't mind it being very common.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
How bout Malibu or paradise or daquiri ,coconut is cute too

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Ya, I've FINALLY made up my mind and decided I have to get a GCC :D ... or I will always wonder and wonder "what if". I would LOVE to get a yellow sided GCC and I'm leaning towards getting a male.

I love the name "Kiwi" but it's so common, not that it bothers me. I also really like "Coconut"... but my aunt strongly prefers "Kiwi". I really cannot stand it when I'm indecisive... I guess I could just give the GCC two names? LOL

I've never admitted this before, but my tiel has two names. His name is actually "Geraldine". Someone named him that as an inside JOKE when I first got him and ever since then that name just stuck. Even though I named my tiel "Rascal", everyone still calls him Geraldine!! so that name (or nickname just stuck) ... but I'm too embarrassed to tell people that's his name because it's such a stupid name for a bird LOL.... but everyone always calls him "Geraldine" in real life so I started calling him that too. Poor bird :p

Last edited:

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Once you get your baby and you see it's personality, I'm sure you'll know exactly what to name it!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Hahahaha I just argued with a compressed block of coco husk so I'm not feeling the coconut name:p

I would wait until you meet them since the names usually come easier when you know the personality. My green cheeks both have two names...the ones I originally picked out (the ones on the vet bills still) and the ones that ended up sticking. My female is actually named Arianna but I call her Monkey. My male is actually named Hijikata but I call him Monster. Monkey and Monster fit together better when I'm talking about them and no one remembers the names I actually picked out for them in the beginning anymore.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Hahahaha I just argued with a compressed block of coco husk so I'm not feeling the coconut name:p

I would wait until you meet them since the names usually come easier when you know the personality. My green cheeks both have two names...the ones I originally picked out (the ones on the vet bills still) and the ones that ended up sticking. My female is actually named Arianna but I call her Monkey. My male is actually named Hijikata but I call him Monster. Monkey and Monster fit together better when I'm talking about them and no one remembers the names I actually picked out for them in the beginning anymore.

I think I'm leaning towards "Kiwi"... GCC will have a lot of green in him so it will suit him :) I'm going to get a normal or yellow sided GCC. Super excited :D I usually call my tiel "Geraldine" or "Tooti"... "Tutie" not sure how to spell it... no idea what it is... just some made up word :cool:

Most Reactions