This is the cutest story, I had to share...

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
So, my birthday was a month ago and a friend of mine got me a 'sun conure dad' tshirt (which I LOVE!). But Skittles and nice shirts don't mix- so I don't wear it around the house, but the other day I was waiting for a ride and was dressed and wearing it. Skittles was still out of his cage cause I wanted to wait til my ride arrived before putting him back.

Anyways, lol, Skittles likes to climb into my shirt to sleep- however, this 'new' shirt has a high collar and he couldn't get under- though he kept trying, he eventually gave up and went back onto my shoulder. Well, the tshirt has a sun conure on it, and just cause I like to torment the little stinker every so often (lol), I decided to 'pet' the conure picture on the shirt. Well, Skittles head feathers rose up and he started making 'kissy noises' and then climbed down to the conure and started rubbing his face back and forth on it and making 'purring noises'. It was just the cutest thing. I didn't 'talk sweet' to the conure on the shirt, though, cause then he'd likely attack me. He doesn't like it when I talk sweet in my 'birdy voice' to anyone or anything. Even the remote, nothing. It's like he's saying "oh no you don't, you are MINE!"

Most Reactions

Latest posts