this poor baby

OP
birdbrainzz4me

birdbrainzz4me

Dec 22, 2012
michigan
Parrots
former m&f si Eclectus
thanks every body! i kinda like the name louie myself. and big lou as a nick name. there is one thing that didn't cross my mind until now. what if he absolutely hates men because of that one guy that abused him so badly. i don't want my fiance feeling burdened by a bird that is always on the defense around him just because he's a guy, and unfortunate flash backs.

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
Get him to meet your fiance to meet him before hand, and make the interaction as positive as possible.

It may take time though, but I'm sure that he will come to love you and your family. :)

OP
birdbrainzz4me

birdbrainzz4me

Dec 22, 2012
michigan
Parrots
former m&f si Eclectus
thanks alisana, :) i just gotta figure out how to keep the man from getting frustrated if the bird doesn't warm up to him. i mean of all people he should understand where the bird is coming from. his father wasn't a very nice man, lets just say. :(

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I can't wait to hear more............and more............
like, if and when you get him, and the all the future updates about him.
He is just a youngster.....i have high hopes for him being a WONDERFUL companion.

OP
birdbrainzz4me

birdbrainzz4me

Dec 22, 2012
michigan
Parrots
former m&f si Eclectus
not yet, i checked my email when i got home from work and nothing. i wish i could call but i have one of those obama phones and i only get like 100 minutes a month. my aunts phone she lets me use. im not much of a phone person so i don't see the point in spending close to 100 a month on something i never use. but i will be checking it on and off through out the day. i still gotta call my electric company so i can pay my bill :eek:!

OP
birdbrainzz4me

birdbrainzz4me

Dec 22, 2012
michigan
Parrots
former m&f si Eclectus
so i think my search continues :( i decided to try and do some more searching on this rescue group, and found a site for them. it said that they take in unwanted exotics, and they stay at the home. people who had to surrender their pets are welcome to come and visit their animals. but they don't rehome any of them. if thats the case then why the hell do they have a petfinder account? get my hopes up for nothing :(. but on the bright side at least buddy is in a safe place and getting the best care for him. who know's maybe they will rehome some of them, including buddy!

Most Reactions