Tiki playing with his new Wiffle Ball toy

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I got it this morning for him. You can see his apprehension, but then he starts getting into it. It's filled with paper so he can play with it and pull out the paper.

Last edited:

Park it

Dec 15, 2010
Montclair, Calif
Parrots
Meyers Parrot
so cute, my meyers Dexter doesn't play much with his toys. he seems happy though. i have been leaving his cage door open when i go to work the last couple of days, i also leave on the radio for him talk radio and sometimes bird singing. he seems to like it. he has plenty to do long hanging toys for the ceiling and all over the cage. ill have to take a photo of his penthouse this week and post it.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
so cute, my meyers Dexter doesn't play much with his toys. he seems happy though. i have been leaving his cage door open when i go to work the last couple of days, i also leave on the radio for him talk radio and sometimes bird singing. he seems to like it. he has plenty to do long hanging toys for the ceiling and all over the cage. ill have to take a photo of his penthouse this week and post it.

Please do, I love to see photos of what others are doing. There are only certain toys that Tiki will play with from what I have found so far. If there is a bell attached to the toy in any shape form or fashion, Tiki loves it. No bell and he just ignores it unless it's a foraging toy with a treat in it.

I can't understand why my local Pet center called Pet Supermarket didn't have any wiffle ball toys at all. I asked the clerk, who knew exactly what I was talking about, but laughed and said know they didn't carry any. But I think he wished they did. I bought this particular wiffle ball setup on ebay for about $6.00.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Also what I have found at the few pet centers in my area is that they carry mainly BIG toys for medium to large birds from Cockatoos to Macaws. But very little for smaller birds like Conures, Senegals, Ringnecks and Cockatiels.

I reckon I'm going to have to start making my own in order to get the toys I'm looking for.

MIke

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
nuts a little hit and miss with toys, but any that will shred she loves, her fav is a simple kabob on a string toy, she has a big chain perch thing that i tie bits of food on, that she loves, i do this if she is ever left alone for any period of time!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Wiffle balls are my favorite "ingredients" when making toys for my birdies. Ruby absolutely loves them. Jade is a little less passionate about them, prefering paper and baskets to shred. Max loves wood - blocks, sticks, etc.- anything he can reduce to matchsticks.

I can always find them in softball and golfball size in most sporting good stores.

Most Reactions

Latest posts