Time spent...

How many hours a day do you spend on your bird?

• Total voters

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I try to get at least 3-4 hours a day with Rosie, it changes everyday though depending on what I'm doing. Some days she may get 10+ hours of constant attention while on a busy day I'm lucky if I can get in an hour. those are the two extremes though.

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
I put 5-6 because it's sort of in the middle. Up until a day ago I was home all the time, not working so the birds would be out pretty much most of the day unless I had to go somewhere. I alway interact with them when home because unless cooking or doing chores I am in my room with them right here. The interaction is always available when they want it and sometimes when they don't. An hour a day I would put towards cleaning and feeding. Sometimes there are more solid times with them like when working with Jasper on a new trick or refreshing one learned. The room is small and his door perch puts him just out of reach of my computer chair. He talks and sometimes I try to talk with him.

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
I said 3-4 because that's the accumulative amount of time that they are getting actual attention and interaction, rather than just "being" there. Otherwise, it's 12+ since I'm a SAHM and there are many days I don't leave the house other than to walk to the end of the street to check the mail.

JoSweetDreams

Nov 13, 2012
County Durham, England.
Parrots
A Parrotlet called Bobby.
For me it's 1-2 hours. The main reason for this is I work full time. I have one parrotlet (acquired by accident!). I get in from work at about 5.30pm. I get him out for an hour or so which is mainly spent snuggling up in my hair. His bed time is 8pm, so by the time I get in, get my tea etc, there isn't that much time. His cage is next to where I sit so I do talk to him all the time when I'm in and he's in his cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts