Timneh versus keyboard

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Protip: hold onto these photos to re post in some future "birds destroying things" monthly contest. It's a winner!!!!!!

Great tip. I never thought about "taking out" a keyboard on a laptop as being destructive. Go figure, it just seemed a part of sharing your life with a parrot.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Protip: hold onto these photos to re post in some future "birds destroying things" monthly contest. It's a winner!!!!!!

Great tip. I never thought about "taking out" a keyboard on a laptop as being destructive. Go figure, it just seemed a part of sharing your life with a parrot.

Oh IT IS...

It's just good when you can get first hand documentation for the insurance companies.......:D

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Tsali is obsessed with throwing coffee cups off the counter. Coffee and cream included makes it more fun. He tosses them and then leans over to watch them shatter.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Timneh likes to throw things. She's just starting to really settle in she flew onto the back of a chair the other day. She's starting to explore more she's using her large playstand on her own it's great. Her first owners never really did anything with her. So she's still figuring out what's safe.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Enzo likes to throw things from tables/worktops on to the floor, a week or so ago she found a tray of eggs, she bit through the tray and took an egg out, rolled it to the edge and pushed it to the floor. I heard the smash and turned to see what was going on. She just stood there, bold as brass with that, 'what are you going to do about that' look.
She makes me chuckle, everybody else in my family would have gone crazy..... they don't have parrot companions!

Smokey would do that too. Roll a medicine bottle to the edge of the kitchen table,roll it off the edge and lean over watching it hit the floor,then look at me as saying "that was fun...what's next?"

Jim

You sure Smoky wasn’t saying “ Well? Are you going to fetch it already?”

K I did that enough times in twenty-eight years...she knew better!

Jim

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Poor Timneh dealing with an ornary human. Got that wicked cold really ha made me tired and grumpy. Timnehs like pinch what's wrong with you pinch why are you so moody today. I'm like aaah ow stop. Timneh says hey hey stop. Lol little chicken

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of sympathy here from Timneh. Lol she keeps me moving. She did let me sleep in pretty late today! Just thought about it Timnehs like you don't want to know what would happen to you if you acted sick like that in my old neighborhood.

Last edited:

Most Reactions