Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
Tobi is now 23 weeks old and has started to say hello! He will repeat it when we say it to him but is very soft spoken.. He also says what sounds like Hi If not listening you would miss it. For now that is..
3.gif

I'm sure between him & Echo I am going to be listening to many conversations from the both of them...
1.gif

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
AWW, Wow, Chris, that's awesome! I can't WAIT for Maui to start talking clearly enough to REALLY understand. He DOES say "Hello", but it's a struggle still for him to get it out clearly.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Just the beginning!

Rani

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta,ga
Parrots
Solomon island female eclectus
Wow thats awesome. I cannot wait till Rani will say something. She is now 13 months old.

Chrisi

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Chris it is so exciting, enjoy the simple way they start out trying to say it, all the funny sounds and pronunciation.

Do yourself a favour, and record them, using your voice recorder on your cell.
Many birds are closet speakers.......and say more when no-one else is around.
I bet he is even saying one or two other words you are totally unaware of.

I know how exciting it is when they start saying words, and you not too sure.....
Did you hear him?...... sure I heard him mumble something.........
it sounded like a word.........

Before you know it, many words will be repeated and repeated. There will be so many ohh and ahh, tears of joy, get the wet wipes ready.......................

There will never be peace and quite in your home EVER AGAIN FOREVER

Treasure one of life's miracles, I call it

"THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD "

7_6_8.gif

OP
Chris Winkler

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
I know what you mean Antoinette!

I used to hear Echo talking when he thought he was alone... I would sit on the steps and listen to him. Now @ 4yrs old he is a chatterbox. Including making fart noises and then saying "Who Farted"
10.gif

I must admit I'm the one that taught him that..
10.gif

Well at least he doesn't know any swear words..
9.gif

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Chris... that is so cool.. Way to go Tobi... Abby just turned 7 months old on Dec 12... she is jabbering but not really talking..

I am working with her.. so I hope to hear her before long

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

I used to hear Echo talking when he thought he was alone... I would sit on the steps and listen to him. Now @ 4yrs old he is a chatterbox. Including making fart noises and then saying "Who Farted"
10.gif

10.gif

9.gif

WHO was he copying when doing the fart noises ??????

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Congrats to Tobi! :) I just brought Chia home 2 days ago and she is already trying to say her name and mimicking a clicking sound! It's too cute when they imitate :)

OP
Chris Winkler

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie

10.gif

10.gif

9.gif

10_15_6.gif

Actually I have a fart machine that was bought as a gag gift years ago. It is so much fun. The day I took it to work (in a nursing home) had to be the best day ever we had at work since at the start of the day I was the only one that knew I had it.. There were way to many victims that day
4.gif

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

10.gif

10.gif

9.gif

10_15_6.gif

Actually I have a fart machine that was bought as a gag gift years ago. It is so much fun. The day I took it to work (in a nursing home) had to be the best day ever we had at work since at the start of the day I was the only one that knew I had it.. There were way to many victims that day
4.gif

Yeah yeah yeah, and you think we actually believe THAT story

Most Reactions

Latest posts