Toe Tapping Returns

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
The most thorough (and possibly economical) path would be to try the food diary first.

That said, Jasper's been dealing with this for a while... albeit intermittently. And toe-tapping and wing-flipping both are just signs of an underlying imbalance. So personally, I'd go to the vet and get the bloodtest on the off-chance that it might reveal a deficiency or an elevated level. From there, you might get an idea of what changes need to be made. It's always possible that the test won't reveal anything, but I'd try it on the off chance that it would. The potential for time saved would outweigh the risk of money wasted to me. But it's really a personal call.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Something just dawned on me, Katie.

Thanks for the tip about the bells. I watch the clackers to make sure they're not wearing down. Hes only been able to remove 2 so far but these ones are a bit tougher.

I hope he's ok then from the two he was able to remove. They were cheaper bells too so it doesn't surprise me. Actually the two were on the boings I bought for him :S

Thanks for letting me know about these ones!

I don't know how it's been with the toe tapping, but IF Jasper somehow ingested only a wee tiny part of the clackers from the chap bells, THAT could cause toe tapping as well (along with other issues down the road).

OP
katie_fleming

katie_fleming

Oct 30, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Jasper (6yr old Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot)
Even if the toe tapping occurs only once every 1.5 months now? He went almost 2 months without any

Most Reactions