Too loud!

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
Paco: Yellow Naped Amazon
Quick question as it has to do with the topic of this thread kind of. I don't own a Macaw, but was very interested in getting one. I currently have an African Grey so I am not a novice with exotic birds, but are macaws usually loud a lot?

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Quick question as it has to do with the topic of this thread kind of. I don't own a Macaw, but was very interested in getting one. I currently have an African Grey so I am not a novice with exotic birds, but are macaws usually loud a lot?

Yes , they can be quite vocal at times. Generally my guys are pretty good and only get loud when we come home or they hear me outside with the other animals. They are calling for my attention . But they are loud , I dont want you to be under the impression that they are quite most of the time.
They can vocalize so loud that you could possibly hear them miles away on a good day. But lately my Baby has been vocal when hearing the crows outside , lol. Or if he hears Stella call when I have him outside with me.
My guys are both young and things can change as they mature. they could end up "being a Macaw" more of the time then just the times I mentioned above.
It goes with the territory. I wouldn't get a Macaw if your concerned with
noise, lolol JMHO. ;) If noise isnt a issue , then go get yourself a Macaw :D

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
I'd say mine aren't loud unless they want something, I consider their yelling when I'm cooking as "wanting" something. But when they DO want something, they can get pretty loud.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Sometimes my kiddos talk into their bowls too. So funny! They love the strange sounds

My Macaws do the same thing , lolol. Stella loves to make all her noises and practice talking while her head is in her "toy box" :)
She sounds so funny when she does this ,and I think she knows it too :)
Baby will so the same but not as often as my Stella , lolol.

Stella likes to talk to her food sometimes too , lolol. If i put some assorted nuts in her toy box she will talk to them first , then play with them , then eat whatever is left :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts