Too smart for her own good

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
Charlie is coming along nicely. She isn't much of a toy playing bird, but she is a whiz at foraging toys. We have bought 5 so far and she has figured them all out within a matter of minutes...she has also been "singing" more and I even taught her a trick if you can call it that, I hold up my hand and say cage and she will climb into her cage. She also absolutely loves almonds.
As far as foraging toys she has the circle with the cones, the ring of fortune, the zigzag, and 2 others. Anyone have any ideas for ones that might be more challenging. I hate spending 20 or 30 dollars on something she figures out right away, after all they are supose to keep her busy so she isn't bored all day.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Willie had the foraging toys figured out, the ones you've given me, he had the nuts out really quick then he disassembled it and now it's ruined cause he damaged the plastic ball attachment thing. It doesn't take them long to figure things out....I'm trying to find one that they won't figure out so quick myself....lol....If you find one let me know! :)

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
Charlie has the smaller version of the one I gave you. I put it in her cage tonight and within about 2 minutes she had it figured out.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They're too darn smart I tell ya.....I need to try to foraging toy with Lola and see what she does. So far she's doing great with the new toys I've hung in there for her.

Most Reactions