too smart for their own good

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
so my beauties are fully flighted or on their way. recently prince discovered the kitchen and if any one is in there he will fly out to their shoulder then climb down the arm to see what they are doing. oxy used to do this also but got him out of the habit, but of course...... monkey see monkey do.
so in order to prevent this from happening i have put a curtain up in the door way to prevent/ deter them from going thru. Apart from the usual hazards in a kitchen, i also have 2 ceiling fans on the way from lounge room to kitchen.

this morning i was in the kitchen preparing the birds breaky (fruit and veg) when prince climbed on the curtain. i normally have it secured against the wall by a hook but had forgotten. so im watching prince (i dont mind them climbing on the curtain, jeeps the active) and he had worked out that it wasnt secured and that he could climb around.

what a cheeky monkey, oxy did something similar the other day when i was playing darts on the other side of the curtain. :Di love that they want to be with me.

Ash

Nov 20, 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
They are so cheeky. XD
Sounds so much like my two. I can just imagine it happening now. :D
And that's nice that they love you so much ! :D

Thanks for sharing! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts