Trust Buying This Training Video ???

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I was on youtube and watched one from a site called, "Bird Tricks". The link is below. I listened to the sale pitch and it sounds interesting, but I get worried about scams and security.

I hate when salesmen say, "but today,....and receive a free gift", or ..."purchase in the next 10 minutes....." etc,....Especially when infomercial has it running like 1,000 times per day. Lil !

Please let me know what you think ?
Kev

Parrot Training 101

Training Parrots | Parrot Training

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
I don't know about the training videos. I got the screaming video, it was just power points and advertisements for their other videos. I was extremely disappointed with it. It basically told me why birds scream but didn't offer any advise on how to fix it. I will say that I was impressed with the company, I had the video for a month before I was able to watch it. After I watched it I realized what a waste of money it was, I sent it back and they fully refunded my money back no questions asked. I think the training videos are different. I've been considering trying one to see.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Here is the info from Birdtricks.com:

Go to their FB page BirdTricks.com - Public Figure - Dalton Gardens, ID | Facebook

Also they do webinars on "spreecast" very often BirdTricks - Chicks and Giggles - Spreecast and people link in and ask questions and the Birdtrick folks answer the questions. I spent about 2 hours looking through their utah moab pic this morning. They take their bird out to the desert and practice flight training. Go to the actual web page Parrot Training Tips To Fix Your Pet Parrots Problems | Birdtricks.com

BTW, if you go to the Spreecast page and you can "follow" Dave Womach. You will get an email about twice a week notifying you of upcoming spreecasts. Keep in mind that they are serving the world in their spreecasts so the live cast is various times of the day.

I have no affiliation with them but have been following them for a few weeks and have watched two spreecasts live. Also it is a husband/wife & brother.

Last edited:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh , them :vomit-smi
The brothers have been around for a while.
There is alot of hype about them on other forums , not good either.
But , if you like their work and it helps you , then go for it.
Just saying what i know , that's all....
:white1::white1:

sh3iiy123

Mar 31, 2012
Illinois
Parrots
Parakeets, Conure, Hahns Macaw, have had cockatoos.
I have Chet and Dave's training program from Birdtricks.com. This is an awesome training program. I have used this for all my birds and it is totally the best thing I have ever done. If you purchase this program and follow it step-by-step you will see a total transformation in your bird in no time.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I've been following their spreecasts for a few weeks now and I honestly like what they have had to say. I would recommend you watch their next spree cast, you can participate in the chat and even ask them questions which they will answer live. If you like the advice they give you then maybe it would be beneficial to consider purchasing one of their programs. Next time they have a spree cast I will post it on here, you can also choose to follow dave on fb and they will email you to let you know of a spreecast. Sometimes they are completely random, I watched one the other night, it was only about twenty minutes and wasn't even really about birds too much, they just felt like making a spreecast lol. It was quite entertaining.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I have Chet and Dave's training program from Birdtricks.com. This is an awesome training program. I have used this for all my birds and it is totally the best thing I have ever done. If you purchase this program and follow it step-by-step you will see a total transformation in your bird in no time.

So their the same as the link I provided ?
Just want to make sure. ;)

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
I've been following their spreecasts for a few weeks now and I honestly like what they have had to say. I would recommend you watch their next spree cast, you can participate in the chat and even ask them questions which they will answer live. If you like the advice they give you then maybe it would be beneficial to consider purchasing one of their programs. Next time they have a spree cast I will post it on here, you can also choose to follow dave on fb and they will email you to let you know of a spreecast. Sometimes they are completely random, I watched one the other night, it was only about twenty minutes and wasn't even really about birds too much, they just felt like making a spreecast lol. It was quite entertaining.

Are you talking about the one where they kept losing connection? I was watching that one too... I like them because they are down to earth and easily accessible.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska

I did watch part of it todayand yes, they had some problems. They have several dvd's etc. that they sell as a package right now for $47.77.

Is that a good deal for what you get ?

This is the link but man,.....it takes forever to get to the end, there's no button to fast forword. At the end, they tell you all you get for that price.
If you have time, take a look at it & see all they offer for that price.

http://www.birdtricks.com/training-course/

Last edited:

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots

I did watch part of it todayand yes, they had some problems. They have several dvd's etc. that they sell as a package right now for $47.77.

This is the link but man,.....it takes forever to get to the end, there's no button to fast forword. At the end, they tell you all you get for that price.

I would use this link and click "store".

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
The more I look into them, the more bad things I'm hearing. First off, they advocate a training diet which can include with holding food from a bird for extended periods of time, the point is if the bird is practically starving, they will do whatever you want them to just to they can get the treat.
Second, I'm reading a lot about flooding techniques, forcing your bird to do things they are uncomfortable with until they finally give in.
Another thing I'm not to impressed with is that one of their methods involves keeping the bird in a small cage with no toys as a method of teaching them to come out of their cage :(

And let's not forget that Dave Womach previously worked for Ringling Brothers circus who is very well known for their abusive training techniques.

Most of the info they give you is easily found online and for free. Honestly, you will probably get better and more personalized advice from the folks on this forum than by spending hundreds of dollars on their programs.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The more I look into them, the more bad things I'm hearing. First off, they advocate a training diet which can include with holding food from a bird for extended periods of time, the point is if the bird is practically starving, they will do whatever you want them to just to they can get the treat.
Second, I'm reading a lot about flooding techniques, forcing your bird to do things they are uncomfortable with until they finally give in.
Another thing I'm not to impressed with is that one of their methods involves keeping the bird in a small cage with no toys as a method of teaching them to come out of their cage :(

And let's not forget that Dave Womach previously worked for Ringling Brothers circus who is very well known for their abusive training techniques.

Most of the info they give you is easily found online and for free. Honestly, you will probably get better and more personalized advice from the folks on this forum than by spending hundreds of dollars on their programs.

I don't like any of that myself. A lot of "horse trainers" advocate some of those as well. My favorite horse book is called "Making, not Breaking". I embrace that concept. You don't want to force animals into giving in; they should want to do what you ask because you asked them correctly for the type of critter it is. It should be a natural process. You can force people and animals to behave in certain ways for you, but they sure won't love you for it.

Remember that old saying...you catch more bees with honey.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska

WOW !

I hate,....them kind of people ! :mad::mad::mad:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker

I actually ordered this package... It was very difficult to get to the end of the ordering process.. You have to select 'no' to a free trial (forget what it was about) - if you say 'yes', they'll automatically charge you $30+ per month - Of course you can cancel before the trial runs out. A lot of other things you have to say 'no' to, if you only want the basic package... And basic it is... Some of their best tips are actually free, because they are the ones they advertise... You also get access to a free forum - I was excited about that - the only problem, no one is never on there...

The reason I bought was that I wanted to see for myself, that they had changed their way of training... They actually still use flooding...

They have a 60 day guarantee, and I could have sent it back, but as they already know, most people can't be bothered...

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
No a pleasant training system IMO.

Enjru

Banned
Banned
Feb 19, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
1 x Scarlet Macaw, 2 x DYHA's
You can get all the information they provide, and more, for free, without all the bad bits (ie, using flooding techniques, spamming your email, using extreme hard-sell marketing techniques) on the internet anyway.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots

having before my eyes splendid and convincing results of their work witnessed by an impartial camera - I cannot help but thinking about them with great esteem and sympathy
as for some niceties - all of us mortals are far from perfection and the more we are trying a positive activity the more bitter is our feeling of imperfection (and more conspicuous and vulnerable for criticism this imperfection is )

Well said!

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I will never support these guys or any others that abuse animals for training purposes or profit, which their doing both !

It's inhumane, to say the least ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*

having before my eyes splendid and convincing results of their work witnessed by an impartial camera - I cannot help but thinking about them with great esteem and sympathy
as for some niceties - all of us mortals are far from perfection and the more we are trying a positive activity the more bitter is our feeling of imperfection (and more conspicuous and vulnerable for criticism this imperfection is )

What a great way to say what needed to be said , lolol.
No one else wanted to really , lolol. :white1::white1:

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots

What a great way to say what needed to be said , lolol.
No one else wanted to really , lolol. :white1::white1:

Yeah, I agree!

Most Reactions

Latest posts