OP
itzjbean

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Babies are growing like crazy and are getting a lot of feathers in!! I had them out for a holiday photoshoot over the weekend :)

Gq8whuc.jpg

hsTnI2y.jpg

Baby grey

38yJDSH.jpg

Baby pearl
MLPnNrB.jpg

OP
itzjbean

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Update with a gender reveal :)

Babies are doing great at 5 and 4.5 weeks old, fully feathered besides the back of their heads that mom is plucking, not super happy about that, poo babies. They are now flying and coming out of the nestbox daily and have been learning to perch and eat little bits of food and play with toys. They are learning to step up. They move so fasts now that it is much harder to get them to stay still.

Now with the gender reveal...we have a boy and a girl!!!!

o7PHL61.jpg

itO67wP.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Update with a gender reveal :)

Babies are doing great at 5 and 4.5 weeks old, fully feathered besides the back of their heads that mom is plucking, not super happy about that, poo babies. They are now flying and coming out of the nestbox daily and have been learning to perch and eat little bits of food and play with toys. They are learning to step up. They move so fasts now that it is much harder to get them to stay still.

Now with the gender reveal...we have a boy and a girl!!!!

o7PHL61.jpg

itO67wP.jpg

OMG!!!!!!! They are like akward adorable shy teenagers!!!!! Just love this thread!!!!!

OP
itzjbean

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
More updates!

Rue and Boo's babies are growing like weeds! They are now 5 weeks old and have become very adventurous and have been learning to perch, play with toys and eat on their own. They only stay in the nestbox to sleep overnight, but otherwise climb out and are ready to explore! They can also fly now and besides some back of the head and leg plucking from Mom have been doing great!

Baby gray, Rue (mom), Baby pearl
2MExNha.jpg

Baby pearl and Boo (dad)
APZK6Sh.jpg

Family picture (baby gray, baby pearl, Boo, Rue)
m2LS4rc.jpg

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Adorable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
itzjbean

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
The babies are doing great -- weaning well, eating on their own, climbing and flying and learning to preen, chew, play with toys. They are so grown up now, I can't believe they were just eggs sitting in the nestbox waiting to hatch!

They will both be going to their new homes soon. I'm sad to see them go but their new families will love them so much. I want to thank everyone who watched this clutch grow up. I'll likely be breeding again later this year....we'll see!

rPezArx.jpg

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thank YOU for sharing them with us! It’s so fun to watch them grow. When I was deciding on a species for “future bird,” I dismissed cockatiels as “too common and boring.” I do not for a minute regret getting Bumble, but I feel like I owe tiels an apology. They’re wonderful and cute and funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions