Tucker is home

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
What awesome pics you posted Sax!! I've said this a bazillion times before and I'll prolly say it a bazillion more...I just LOVE those Ekkie faces!!!!! Tucker looks so handsome AND happy to be with you my friend! A big congrats to both of you!!!

Jim

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Morning progress...

Tucker seems to have no interest in sitting on the counter, table, or any flat surface to eat. This morning, he decided it was quite acceptable to sit on my arm at the table and have breakfast with me. This of course followed by wiping the beak all over my shirt, neck, and cheek, then climbing over to fix my hair. Happy boy, happy dad!
a6ee386c1d5637d065ddb3a2e9fede2b.jpg
d9a5f891153220b8795a42f3a9dd0b4e.jpg
8aae09c326d350d94d6cc597366cc8b0.jpg
783452fe2fbccc52021b985a3ee04550.jpg

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
Morning progress...

Tucker seems to have no interest in sitting on the counter, table, or any flat surface to eat. This morning, he decided it was quite acceptable to sit on my arm at the table and have breakfast with me. This of course followed by wiping the beak all over my shirt, neck, and cheek, then climbing over to fix my hair. Happy boy, happy dad!

My GOODNESS... So precious.....

Tucker will be very jealous if you are going to bring another birdie home. :D :D :D

Kise will not stand on the flat surface to eat... NOPE.. :rolleyes:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Morning progress...

A perfect photo story, showing the correct way to bird! Lol eating messy food then wiping on the parront. I swear mine eat messy food at their play stands then fly to me for a good beak wiping

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I am the primary face-wiping tool in my house as well :). Tucker looks like he is settling in beautifully, awesome pics!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Tucker is exactly where he was meant to be, thanks for sharing these happy pics, looking forward to many more:)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Tucker looks so happy, and so do you! This is perfect. And I’m also a napkin LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Those pictures are perfect!

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Loving the photos and Tucker's continued progress! You so deserve how smoothly and swiftly Tucker has bonded with you. I couldn't be happier for you both!

And I miss the days when Jolly was still stubborn about not going on flat surfaces. (Maya still is.) The occasional flying slides across the table or breakfast tray for kicks and giggles are not anywhere near as enjoyable for me as they obviously are for him. Lol! Nut. Although they both thankfully still avoid the floor like the plague.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Loving the photos and Tucker's continued progress! You so deserve how smoothly and swiftly Tucker has bonded with you. I couldn't be happier for you both!

And I miss the days when Jolly was still stubborn about not going on flat surfaces. (Maya still is.) The occasional flying slides across the table or breakfast tray for kicks and giggles are not anywhere near as enjoyable for me as they obviously are for him. Lol! Nut. Although they both thankfully still avoid the floor like the plague.
This is kind of a new one for me. Cuckoo didn't really mind the flat surfaces, but just wasn't on them very often. Patches... Well he had no issues with them. He loved being on the counter or table to chow down, and ran around the house on the floor to come look for me almost every time he was out and I wasn't in the room. Everyone loved seeing him search saying, "where's Jon?" Also, peek-a-boo on the floor around the kitchen cart was a favorite game.

Anyway, the aversion to flat surfaces is one to work on I guess. The back of the couch is okay to him, and the last few days, though not flat, the top of my head seems to be an attractive place to be. He's been climbing there from the couch when I sit down to relax with him. Cute, but scratchy since there's not much to hold on to lol.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
The occasional flying slides across the table or breakfast tray for kicks and giggles are not anywhere near as enjoyable for me as they obviously are for him. Lol! Nut.

Okay but the description of it is highly entertaining for me!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
The occasional flying slides across the table or breakfast tray for kicks and giggles are not anywhere near as enjoyable for me as they obviously are for him. Lol! Nut.

Okay but the description of it is highly entertaining for me!

Yup, creates a great visual... Makes me smile!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

I keep going back to the pictures you posted...so freaking adorable! You two are sure lucky to have found each other!! :D

Jim

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I keep going back to the pictures you posted...so freaking adorable! You two are sure lucky to have found each other!! :D

Jim
Thank you Jim. He's a pretty special little guy. I've really been blessed.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So... Tucker is showing his personality more every day.

Yesterday morning he was extra snuggly, a behavior usually reserved for the evening. Yay! Then he decided he really wanted to have a shower. Nice! However, I now have scratches on my shoulder from him leaping off the shower perch to get under the water. Not aggressive, I just didn't get him there fast enough lol. So, shower progresses, and I knocked the soap down. I said, "oops" and he started laughing at me. I asked him if I should be worried about picking it up, (you all know the joke) and he responded with a big, evil laugh. I guess little Tucker has a twisted sense of humor like me! Too cute. :-D

After the shower, he sat on the perch while I got ready for work, talking up a storm. I grabbed my electric razor, started shaving, and after a few minutes, he started growling, sort of...

Razor off, quiet. Razor on, growl noise... Then I listened carefully and realized he was perfectly mimicking the sound of me shaving! How cool is THAT?!

Yup, I think he's a keeper.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is so adorable! Tucker is so smart and learns so quickly, he is amazing.
He is definitely a keeper! I'd love to hear his laugh!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Razor off, quiet. Razor on, growl noise... Then I listened carefully and realized he was perfectly mimicking the sound of me shaving! How cool is THAT?!

Super dang cool!!!! A bromance, for the ages!

satocho

Dec 23, 2017
South Florida
Parrots
Bronze-wing pionus, Golden Conure, SI eclectus, blue-crowned hanging parrots
Wait until he learns to fly to your head--and give you a very sharp ekkie scalp massage with those claws!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wait until he learns to fly to your head--and give you a very sharp ekkie scalp massage with those claws!
I have experienced THAT scalp massage... Not fun, but I can't fault him for wanting to be with me.

Most Reactions