Tusk is home...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
No he doesn't.

He went to my shoulder. He tolerates Sarah, but he refused to go to my neighbor (a woman.) So, those are red flags to me...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Which makes you plenty rich in my book. Wealth isn't always measured in gold, right?

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I don't think anyone is pointing fingers, it's just the sharing of thoughts and translating the message can get lost in looking at text letters, not seeing expressions, or hearing the delivery by voice. In other words the shares would be better understood and received in a face to face discussion to get the full meaning being expressed. The people on this forum represent a very small number of people who have birds, and the number of dedicated, loving parronts is small when you compare the numbers of total bird owners world wide. In this situation, it's a great example of perseverance paying off Tusk is home, a GAC is saved, is getting some well needed TLC and rehabilitation needed and is now in process of being reunited with his flock. Thanks Birdman for going above and beyond.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
If someoene was implying that since he turned out to be such a good bird, I was taking this as a lucky find... THAT JUST AIN'T ME!!!
It IS a "lucky find" because you've saved his life and he'll hopefully find his way to his family. If not, he's got a new good home.

Nobody was implying anything negative about you, quite the opposite. I remarked that I think losing is worse than having a pet die because you don't know what became of your pet, whether they have died or have been found and are still alive, somewhere... There are people who care only about themselves. The type of people who try to claim a lost bird that isn't theirs.

NOT YOU, Birdman. Out there in the big wide world.

Losing a pet is AWFUL. Being reunited is fantastic. It's even more fantastic when you consider that they might have crossed the path of somebody selfish and inconsiderate and not somebody like Birdman. It's fantastic that you got Tusk home and your efforts with that bird you saved are fantastic.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I just dealt with a second scammer trying to get him...

SCUM!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I ran into scammers a few years ago. What an eye opener.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

SCUM!

Smh.

Someone on the phone? Or the woman you'd mentioned earlier who was supposed to be coming by?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Just a thought, but have you had the bird checked for a microchip? Watching this whole thing unfold has really made me think about having Kiwi microchipped. Not that I couldn't describe all his unique noises, odd quarks, unique markings and have umpteen photos of him but still...

LilChodi954

Jun 27, 2014
South & Central Florida
Parrots
Lil Chodi - 12 year old Male DYH Amazon
Gizmo - 19 year old Male DYH Amazon
Sasha - 9 year old CAG
Just a thought, but have you had the bird checked for a microchip? Watching this whole thing unfold has really made me think about having Kiwi microchipped. Not that I couldn't describe all his unique noises, odd quarks, unique markings and have umpteen photos of him but still...

April, funny you mention that, we were thinking the same thing about having Lil Chodi micro chipped, and ditto on describing the unique noise am sounds, words., ect.,

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

SCUM!

Smh.

Someone on the phone? Or the woman you'd mentioned earlier who was supposed to be coming by?

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT LYING SACK OF $HIT!!!

I very nearly called the cops on those two...

My faith in people is being tested at the moment...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Got a vet appointment for Saturday.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

And he wouldn't do everything he could to run away from you, and ignore your repeated demands to step up, and bite your fingers for trying to make him...

THIS FROM A BIRD THAT FLIES TO THE SHOULDER OF A STRANGER?!

Really?! That's your bird?!

It's not your bird, it doesn't want anything to do with you, you plan to keep it in a cardboard box, and you expect me to just give it to you anyway?!

Can you tell I'm still a bit miffed... ?!

There are specific things I know about this bird after only a few days. Anyone who has been around him for years will know that and so much more... and will be able to show photos...

Oh, I forgot my phone. They're on my phone...

Ummmm... NO!!! It's not your bird now leave...

Not to mention it has a red band and doesn't go in the car to the band was cut off...

I bought it for my husband, it was a present....

His dying father gave him the bird, it's been in our family for many years...

It really doesn't go in the car....to my husband takes him everywhere.

You've got so many birds, just give me this one...

We just want the bird back. Just give her the bird and no one gets hurt...

You can leave now, or you can leave in the back of a cop car! Your choice...

GGGRRRRRR!!!!!

LIARS, SCAMMERS, THIEVES...

Last edited:

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I am so glad YOU found this grey and not just anybody.
Otherwise these low class people could have him by now.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
You've got so many birds, just give me this one...

The rest I could believe them doing to try and get a free bird, but you have got to be kidding that they really pulled this one?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I laughed at that one too!!

I was thinking that unfortunately with so many people like that out there, if a large (valuable) parrot is found, many people will keep it. Not even think twice about trying to find the owner. How well would a microchip work then?!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Right, the dishonest new owner would be taking a risk. But if a person acted like they didn't find the bird (like it was legitimately theirs), the vet would probably not scan it. A decade ago I worked in the veterinary field (dogs and cats) and no one was just routinely scanned, unless they were lost and found, or were there to get one put in, and to make sure there wasn't one already there. Unless things are different now. Isn't chipping birds relatively new?

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Yes, and as I understand it, they don't routinely scan birds, but that may change as the mini-micro chips become known about.

Let's put it this way, with no chip there is nothing to be done to assert your ownership against their say-so. With a chip, there's a possibility. If they're in your area, and you've alerted all the vets, maybe they'll be on the lookout and scan it. It's the best we've got, unfortunately.

It would make things very easy for a situation like Birdman's got. It's your bird, you ring Birdman, give him your name, tell him the bird's microchipped and all he has to do is get it scanned and you've got your bird back. A finder doesn't need to worry about scammers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts