OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
Fantastic! Giving me a great laugh!
Now I've managed to post my first video, I dare say that further videos of Bella being her quirky self shall materialise over time... hopefully many more giggles to come!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I've found another weirdo mentioned on this site:
Training Tips and Advice For Eclectus Parrots
On this page, it reads:
"One of our Eclectus males "Cletus" has a hilarious habit of putting his beak into his water bowl and talking under water. He will spend a good half hour prattling away to himself, blowing bubbles and yabbering with his beak-and sometimes head-underwater!"

Very interesting article and wonderful to see Eb Cravens mentioned, love his writing and a very nice chap in the flesh. :)
Looks like I've got some reading up to do on this Eb Cravens character...

Eb Cravens, is a true mentor /expert in the Avian care, breeding, and growing of a wide cross section of different fresh foods for Parrots. I believe that he still publishes a monthly news letter. He lives on one of the HI Islands.

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
I am more than willing to find a way to submerge the wife's bird in a full tub and see what sounds he makes.
Poor Rickeybird! If I had to guess, the sound would be... the tearing of the flesh from your hands...:18:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
That is too much! I'd love to hear it. Salty likes to talk into his empty food bowl, and that sounds weird enough ( like an Amazon talking from a bad 1920's radio); an underwater talking Ekkie - who could even imagine this. Can you try and record this?
What'd be the chance of you getting a recording of Salty talking into his bowl? I love the way you described it as sounding "like a bad 1920s radio"! His other videos are definitely of star quality, maybe he could learn an old-time song to sing into his bowl?!
Usually he does it when his food bowl is empty and its not quite time for dinner. It almost like he giving us the Amazon tounge lashing , into his bowl. I'll try tonite, he'll be hungry by the time we get back from phystherapy.

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Way too funny! That has to be about the oddest bird behavior I've ever heard of. Quite the character you have there =)
She is a funny bird! I wonder if her behaviour is any reflection on me...?:eek:
Maybe we should start a thread of weird behaviours, I'd love to know what strange things everyone else's birds are getting up to...

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
:D:D Hahahah Silly Bella!!!!
Harry and Toon always splash in their water bowl if they hear a buzzing noise ..... like the vacuum cleaner, blender or mixer.
It is known that a parrot a buzzing sound compares with a tropical rainstorm and go therefore bathing :D
I wish Bellas reaction was the same as Harry and Toon. Bella just squawks like crazy!

OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
I caught her at it again! I managed to get a small clip of footage yesterday where she does a nice bubbly squawk towards the end of the video :) Sorry I didn't have a chance to upload it until now - Have been busy creating an emergency snail nursery!

Last edited:
OP
Violet_Diva

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
For the time being I have provided Bella with a brand new large stainless steel dog water bowl. I figured, if it kinda resembles a larger version of her existing water bowl she might be more inclined to use it to bathe in and also hopefully be less fearful of it. I've placed it at the bottom of her cage directly beneath her existing water bowl. So let's hope she figures out its a much better size bath!

Most Reactions

Latest posts