Unusual Bird Fear

halogen

May 18, 2013
Media
Wilmette
Parrots
Arya-Cockatiel
Tyrion-Cockatiel
My little Arya just had a rather frightening experience, for me and her. I was busy typing at my computer and she started screaming, as if she were in pain. :eek:I almost had a heart attack running down the stairs, but when I got there, nothing was there and she had stopped. I checked everything in the cage, literally everything and nothing was there. Well, three minutes later she'd started up again, this time hissing and backed in the corner. It took me a good minute to find what was upsetting her, but I did. It was a fly. She apparently is terrified of flies.

It was pretty big, but it was still a fly. Perhaps she's never seen one before? I'm just glad she wasn't in danger (At least from my perspective). What fears do your birds react to?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So funny you mention a fly and how Arya reacted to it because at noon time today, when my big macs were out, Ripley suddenly acted as if someone was ripping his head off. Sure enough, a fly was buzzing around him. :54: Niko looked at him with a VERY pitiful face. :D

OP
H

halogen

May 18, 2013
Media
Wilmette
Parrots
Arya-Cockatiel
Tyrion-Cockatiel
Haha! and it seems such an insignificant thing compared to a bird for them to be afraid of a fly. I suppose everyone has an irrational fear though. :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts