Update and a few pics.

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
Maggie & Gonzo - Nanday Conures
TL: DR I had some bonding time with the kids. Moving pics to attachments for some reason its not working.

So yesterday I decided it was bonding time. So I moved the Kids from the living room back to their smaller room. Put a food dish on the outside. And left them there overnight. In the process I found Gonzo like sunflower seeds as his treat and Mags likes Corn.... Not so much of the fruit lovers here.
Also I got Gonzo to step up today.

Today:
Gonzo went well.... gonzo. While changing food flew out of the cage and flew to my shoulder... Ok good news!

So with "Up, Up" he stepped up. put him back on his cage. And went around the house. to destress him. That did not agree. He flew out of the room trying to find me. I heard the racket saw him on the floor. Again with Up Up. he got a treat. But I left him on my shoulder and went to the computer.
IMAG0034.jpg

Now Miss Thang.. aka Mag's Is yelling for him non stop. We are in a different room she cant see him. So he is talking with her she is talking back. He flies off to the couch. Ok thats cool one bird down now to go get the brat. I go to her place my hand in and say up up... with a little encouraging she was up but nervous. I went back to the living room. As soon as she saw Gonzo she was rocketing towards him. Thats cool too.

(this is getting longer then I wanted too but it feels good too type)

I get back on the computer and this is what I see.
IMAG0035.jpg

Ok I know they should not be on a fan. But I did unplug it and all they did was sit and chat there..

Next Gonzo flys to my shoulder
IMAG0038.jpg

and Mags joined us. She is shy though. We spent about two hours with me on the computer and them cleaning me and each other.

Then we watched movies and ate veggies... and good lord they are messy.
IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

Sorry for it being so long I was just enjoying typing. Also I may be a little happy that they spent so much time with me today.

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

bumblebec

Jul 2, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Lola the Sun Conure & Mimi the Nanday Conure
They are beautiful! I looove Nandays, nice to see someone with one (well, two!) as well. I'm glad they've started to bond to you. :01:

Is that a gaming headset I see? :09:

OP
F

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
Yup Razer Carcharias BF3 for pc Furffs addme

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
They are so pretty ...Sounds like they are quite a pair : )

OP
F

Furf

Jun 2, 2012
Parrots
Oh they are a pair and a Half. I really wanted to get a grey but these two jabber mouths are so much better. I cant wait till they get very much bonded.... They do tend to shred a shirt fairly quickly.

thermodynamic

Apr 13, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Parrots
Rosie = Rescued Pineapple GCC,
Rusty = bought Cinnamon GCC,
Scooter = bought Normal GCC,
Tybbi MacGuyver = Rescued Blue Crown Conure
Awesome pics - thanks for sharing them and the stories behind them!

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
LOL @ TL;DR. Bahahahahhaa. It wasn't very long at all! Congrats on your progress!

Al_96789

May 1, 2012
Media
Albums
HI
Parrots
Carla, BW Pionus
Great pics! My little girl can't fly very well, but she is with me most of the time I'm home. Here on Oahu we have the flea market where you can get t-shirts, 10 for $20. I have what I call bird shirts that I wear for her. Good luck!

Most Reactions