Update

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
Well, Hah, Hah good luck with wearing off energy just sitting on a stand. You'll have to rig up some stuff for him to fool with while he's on it. And at his age he may not want to stay on it too long. But now you have someplace you can have him fly to when he's out that doesn't involve his cage! Yeah to that! About 10 flights back and forth to the stand ought to wear his butt out.

How horrible does tieing an ear of corn to the stand sound? :) He will make a mess but it might give you 15 minutes of peace. You could put a bed sheet under the stand. :)

OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
The stand has a droppings catcher and pull out tray, four levels and space for toys to hang :) its not just a normal perch stand, has lots on it to keep him amused. I hope lol

There are also food dishes so il let him eat and such off of it, its nearly as big as a full cage lol. Lets just hope its worth it, keep him amused while I work x

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Perhaps the touching is more acceptable when they are touched a great deal from their early formative years. Oliver is fine with touching but not too crazy for me getting close to his beak--which is fine by me! ;o)

OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Well I just finished building this;

IMG_20130516_141431_zps32703d3e.jpg

Now I think il pop to the pet store to jazz it up :)

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
It looks great! Don't forget to button up the seed catcher. :) Now to add some toys and see how he likes it!

I have a playgym very similar to that one. :)

nicki

Mar 26, 2013
Media
Dallas TX
Parrots
6 mo old Eclectus :)
OOh! I got the same one, it was a steal on Amazon :) I wrapped the side bars and circle with jute (thin rope) so he could get better traction on it. I'm not quite sure how I got it together with the horrid instructions! ha. Eko has a blast on his!

OP
Joshuwaaa

Joshuwaaa

Nov 11, 2012
England
Took me about three hours on my own with no instructions, stupidly I was tryinf to get it done before jack got home from work so I could be all "yeah DIY Josh!!!"

Ooh I love the rope idea, I thought the bars were a bit silly for standing on.

Lets hope he enjoys it

X

Most Reactions