uses for yellow and green pellets...

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
What the heck am i gonna do with all the green and yellow zupreem that my picky-ass parakeets dont eat?
They just love the red and orange orange ones...

I guess I should be happy, it only took one day to get these adoptess on pellets, and they seem to love them...

Do you think the different colors really do taste that different?

OP
B

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
Lol, now see, THATS why I have no shame posting my stupid questions on a parrot forum ;)

Brilliant idea... :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
You can also grind up the pellets, or turn them into a little mush and mix it right up with they birdie bread so they can't avoid eating it. If you just put them they might eat around it lol

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I'd suggest to just switch them over to a dry-free pellet. No wasted colors! ;)

Captsteve

Jul 17, 2013
Crestview Fl.
Parrots
Goffin Too, U2, Scarlet Mac, B&G Mac, DYH Zon, CAG and a
Birdbrained Wife!
I feel your pain, Our bird sorts his pellets first thing when the bowl gets full.

It goes something like this. Fill the bowl and sit down, Hear pellets flying and hitting floor. Ask him what he is doing, noise stops. In a minute noise continues, get up and walk to cage and ask what he is doing, He grabs a hand full and acts like he is eating and says "What?"

Walk away and noise continues, walk back and he says "Silas is a good bird!"

Friggin BRAT!!!!!

Folkeye

Oct 11, 2012
So Cal
Parrots
Jacky- Pacific Parrotlet (Nude-subspecies...feather picker.)

Jasper- Lady English Budgie
Yours eat pellets? Lucky you! Mine won't, no matter the color. Tried Zupreem, Roudybush and Harrison's. So I think I need to consider resorting to crushing them up.

OP
B

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
I'd suggest to just switch them over to a dry-free pellet. No wasted colors! ;)

Monica, I think this will be my plan of action, I had it in mind when i bought the colored bag, it was only to get them to eat pellets, i figured the colors would help...
Before I switched, i tried to give them some of my conures uncolored zupreem but they showed no interest, those were bigger pellets tho so it coulda been any number of factors...

Capn- these little budgies just leave a layer of green and yellow in the food bowls, so I guess Im lucky by not having to clean up a mess :)

Folkeye- these birds probably never seen any food besides millet seeds, so i got the colored kind of zupreem and it was the finch size, so really really small like the seeds.
Then I just switched over to it, no transition, no half and half, just filled their feeder at night and the next morning it was like they had been eating it forever...the red ones at least ;)

Folkeye

Oct 11, 2012
So Cal
Parrots
Jacky- Pacific Parrotlet (Nude-subspecies...feather picker.)

Jasper- Lady English Budgie
Hmmm I have yet to try the really tiny (finch sized) Zupreem. Maybe give it a go next time I buy a bag. The Harrison's was really tiny but they still ignored it. I try to do a 50/50 mix so they have to forage a little bit.

Most Reactions