Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I am so excited! It's official, Venus' flight feathers have grown enough and she flew to me today! I was working and I hear wings and "Red Bird" landed on my foot. I had my foot propped up! I said "Venus, come here" tapping my leg and she came to me climbing up my leg. Recall training is ramping up!!

I got Venus in January and the store clipped her or rather chopped her.

Buddy is fully flights and he's excellent in calls. I am so excited to work with Venus and to see her fly. I thought I would dread her being flighted but I'm excited and shocked by it! She amazes me every day.

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Great news!! If they are anything like Gizmo and Pebbles you will soon need an air traffic controller, Gizmo and Pebbles often try to choose the same arm to land on:D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Congratulations, Tracey! And Venus, of course! That's great! A huge step!

Just make sure and stay consistent with that recall training, and her emerging flight capability will only bring you both closer.

Is Buddy recall trained?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! Great news! I bet Venus is thrilled to take to the air! How exciting, I'm looking forward to hearing progress reports on the recall training.

Most Reactions