Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Jeez it is hard to send them in without you and not be there to comfort them. I hadn’t realized how awful this would be. Tee’s second egg has been sitting in the hopper for more than 48 hours now so we’re at the vet getting things checked out. I feel terrible sending her in without me. I live two hours from the nearest avian vet, so I didn’t want to wait until she was in distress to take her. Seattle area has a higher COVID rate than where I live, so I’m going to sit and roast in my car for the next few hours while they check why it hasn’t moved. Send positive vibes...I’m horribly nervous because they need to sedate her (not anesthesia) to do Xrays and tests :(

Elysianblight

Mar 8, 2020
Missouri
Parrots
Cypress (teal) and Citrine (green) - male american budgies, 7 months.
Because of Covid I have never even met my Avian Vet!! :(

She is 30-40 minutes away and also runs the bird rescue, so we are pretty freaking lucky to have her. I appreciate what she needs to do to keep herself safe and healthy.
Not fun though.

I have to pull into the parking lot, call her, leave the bird cage on a stand outside the door (under an awning). She comes to get them, does the exam, calls me with results.. then puts them back outside. I have to pay by phone and then come get them after the vet is back inside.

Makes it so hard to discuss little things. Also I have NO idea how they behave in there.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh dear Jen, I'm so sorry to hear Ms Tee's having some difficulty with that second egg. As the mother of a chronic little egg layer I quite agree that waiting for that inevitable second emergence is totally nerve-wracking! Sending every good wish and vibe to you and your wee girlie that it passes soon and without further trauma :smile046::51:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There appears to be some consistency around the country regarding practices in dropping-off and picking-up again. Yea, the sitting in the vehicle while waiting can be a true issue. We are regulars, so we schedule in advance to get one of those cherished early - mid-morning appointments prior to it getting supper hot. This year, the Great White North has been Hot and not showing any signs of easing up.

Big Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers your way...

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Unfortunately I brought her in as an emergency, so booking ahead wasn’t an option. It’s hot hot out today, so it is an uncomfortable wait. I haven’t met the vet on duty today, but she’s supposed to be good - so I’m hoping for the best. My birds see a different vet at this clinic usually so I have been inside pre-Covid thankfully.

She’s been in there for a couple of hours now with no news, so am still worrying.

Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
So sorry to hear about your bird Tee. I hope everything works out well for you and her. I feel VERY lucky compared to many. I live in a small town and work in another about 12 miles away. right in the middle is a vet that is REALLY good with birds! He use to breed cockatiels and now has about 8 cockatoos! Finding an avian vet out here in the boonies is almost a miracle!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hoping MZ T's situation is resolved and she's back with you. Salty's vet does the same thing. Drop off service only.

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Yay! Tee is fine For now :). Four hours driving, another 6 waiting in the car....and we have an egg (outside of the bird now lol). She has now had her first Lupron shot, going back for another in 2 weeks. My fingers are crossed that there is not another egg already in progress, I don’t think that I can do another one!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just seeing this thread now, so glad Tee is OK and properly medicated!

Hope the Lupron works magic!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Happy news indeed Jen, here's to no more unwanted freight offloads!

Most Reactions