was my conure weaned too early?

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
How do you know if a conure was weaned too early. My sun is constantly suckling on my clothes and skin. He tries to eat from our other conures mouth. This causes him to be angry and starts trying to attack our Jenday.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
How old is the bird? when birds are parent fed, they parents force the food into the baby's crop in a bobbing motion, then hand feeders use syringes to accomplish basically the same effect , so trying to eat from other birds' mouths is most likely a begging motion & would understandably get mad if they don't feed it.....if you're talking about pulling your clothes into his mouth and sucking, that could also indicate it wants to be fed.....some young birds will regress some when taken from their siblings to a new home, so getting some hand feeding mix & following the instructions may make it happy.....

Good luck.....

OP
D

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
I believe the bird is a year to a year and a half. We purchase it from it's first owners who got him from somewhere?? I've had him for 4 months. My Jenday regurgitates all the time so that's why he's trying to get fed but even when the Jenday is eating with him "side by side" he's still trying. It's crazy because he gets so angry. He sucks on my skin constantly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts