We are going to pick a baby pineapple ggc in 10 days!

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I'm super excited. My husband had forgotten to tell me he had put us on a waiting list for a conure back in January and while I was going gaga for an eclectus, then disappointing myself because I was stupid and didn't check to see if a cage for an ekkie would fit, there was a clutch of baby conjures growing up. I was looking at conjures before I looked at an eclectus and was researching them until I got captivated by an ekkie.

The breeder rang me last night(that was a surprise as I didn't know he had my number... Hubby gave it him) and we were on the phone for nearly 2 hours. He answered every question I asked and more that hadn't even thought of. He also asked me a lot of questions to, which I expected him to. I would have been surprised and wary if he hadn't.

He has sent me pics and videos of the babies and they are melting my heart. I'm super excited. With the breeders help I've picked out a lovely big cage (that will fit and has correct bar spacing) I've bought toys and perches and disinfectant and a hepa filter (that has an option to turn the ioniser off) I've bought a gorgeous cast iron pan set (set me back a pretty penny but who cares)

I'm so excited. How do you come home with just 1???

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Stitchthestich,I feel excited for you.
I also had my heart set on a bigger bird,a Darbyan that was for sale nearby. But the owner was having to sell because featherdust had put her in hospital twice.

As my OH has breathing probs I had to change my mind,and a Conure came out top.
Mine is adorable,a miniature parrot,shes very affectionate, loves to be handled, isnt earpiercingly noisy as some Conures are.
She has time out of her cage in the morning,and then again in the evening when my cats are in another room.
I cant wait to hear how you get on with yours.
Cagzo

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I am bouncing off the walls excited. After loosing my dog, I didn't think I'd feel this way about getting another pet

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Congratulations to you on your impending new arrival, what a very exciting time!

Just please do not be tempted to bring baby home before he has been fully and properly weaned and has been eating solid adult foods for a good few weeks. Considerable physical and psychological damage can be done if baby birds are not weaned before they leave their breeder and we see the heartbreak it causes here all too often.

Looking forward to welcoming your new little one home and some baby photos :)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Congratulations!!! So exciting, and I look forward to seeing the adventure with your new addition :).

“How do you come home with just 1?”

Um, most of us do not succeed at that lol!

Ranchlamb

Jan 26, 2020
Golden State
Parrots
Jade a GCC, Rose a Pineapple GCC
I’ve had my pineapple gcc for 3 years now. She is super sweet and just loves attention. I am very excited for you and your soon to be feathered friend.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
@lamanuka, don't worry it'll be fully weaned, it's illegal In the UK to sell unweaned birds, nor will it have its wings clipped.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
@lamanuka, don't worry it'll be fully weaned, it's illegal In the UK to sell unweaned birds, nor will it have its wings clipped.

Oh thank goodness for that! We’ve just seen a rash lately of too young babies and it always gets my hackles up!

I’m looking forward to welcoming your new baby into the fold :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

Oh thank goodness for that! We’ve just seen a rash lately of too young babies and it always gets my hackles up!

I’m looking forward to welcoming your new baby into the fold :)

Even if I was offered an unweaned baby, I would rather pay more to have it fully weaned because I have no clue where to begin on weaning. Yeah give me a baby pup or kitten, no problem but a bird? Wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I just hope I haven't forgotten anything that my new bird needs!

I'm counting down the days and the 4th March cannot come soon enough.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh my gosh this is so exciting! Glad to see you prepping appropriately. Once you get the knack of the cast iron you’ll love it. Hopefully you’ll be able to take pics of your baby to share with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Congrats and thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to research and prepare-- once you have your ducks in a row, you can focus on things like behavior, and that is huge. Glad you have been planning and reading! Again, Congratulations!!!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Oh you’re going to love your conure! I had a red throated conure when I was a teenager. She was so devoted to me, almost to a fault!

Read up on puberty so you don’t get shocked a year from now. It can be a beast!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Thank you every one for your honest and kind support. I'm so excited!! As soon as I get some photos of my new baby I'll post them

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Yes we demand Pics or we kick you off the site....WE LOVE BABY PARROT PICS.

OK YOUNG parrot pics. GIMME!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Yes we demand Pics or we kick you off the site....WE LOVE BABY PARROT PICS.

OK YOUNG parrot pics. GIMME!

OK ok ok, you'll get your pics, just don't kick me off!! Hahah

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
parrot toddler picks are the absolute best......except maybe the bath time pictures with their feathers all in disarray.....

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I do like seeing wet bird pics, there is something really sweet about them

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
There’ll be plenty of photo ops for wet bird pics, green cheeks LOVE a bath :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Well, the toys, perches, clicker and air filter have arrived! My cage has been dispatched along with more toys, bird safe disinfectant and perches, and my new pans have been ordered!!

Although I'm feeling like I don't have enough toys! Can you have too many toys?

My mum is excited and wants to buy some toy for my bird too. I told her no 2nd hand bird toys, you've no idea what they are harbouring bug wise. (I have only just felt ready to give my mum all of Oliver old things like his collar and bed and toys) this bird is going to be spoiled.... In a good positive way (like Oliver was)

Most Reactions