We are going to pick a baby pineapple ggc in 10 days!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Thank you every one, he's just an amazing confident little guy. I bet that means he's gonna be a little terror!!

I don't know if he's a he or a she, and I'm not sure if I wanna dna test cuz.... I'm too chicken to pluch so e feathers or clip a nail too short (I get upset when it's an accident at work, I don't think I can do it deliberately) and the vet wants to charge me £120 for something that would cost me £15 to do my self.

I'm really struggling on a name for him, everything I liked before I met him just don't suit or sound right calling him. Any suggestions on how you chose your bird names?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
When I brought my lorikeet home back in 2018 I’d picked out two names, Lilly Pilly for a girl and Lovejoy for a boy. She turned out to be a Lilly. I liked Lovejoy because I’m a fan of the tv show by the same name, and if you’re at all familiar with it, you’ll know that they regularly shout “Lovejoy!!” when he’s been misbehaving (again), and I found that quite appealing for a naughty little birdie’s name too. Plus it could work for a boy or a girl :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Here's the cheeky monster now after eating breakfast

Last edited:

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
The colours are lovely, more red on the chest than mine has. I think you may have to go through a few names,exotic or ordinary,I think something quick and snappy If you fancy him /her imitating you.
Connie chats away to herself,but all shes picked up so far are kissy noises! Not great talkers! You will soon get to know what all the little sounds are, Quack quack and beak grinding are happy sounds,a short sharp whistle means " how dare you go past without speaking to me"
The radio gets left on for her,if I go out, as she likes to bob and dance,so its a bit of company

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I really think he's gonna be a terror when he's settled properly!

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Its good to be prepared for their tantrums,they can come very suddenly,then go just as quickly. If Connie bites hard,its usually because Im trying to get her to step up from the outside of her cage. She will only tolerate cage cleaning and food being put in.Something shes not directly involved with.
If you can, try not to do "step up" with yours, if he is above your head or on a level with the top of your head. Being higher than you seems to make them think they have the advantage!!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
We named him Albie x

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I was just sat there trying names with him and asked friends to come up with names and albie cropped up regularly x

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
I'm afraid Connies name was a bit obvious! However she knows it and answers to it. When I asked her previous owner what her name was,he said we just call her "baby".

Shes been on my shoulder all morning while things get tidied in the kitchen,thats our special time,when she cuddles into my neck and Quacks,usually followed by silliness,turning upsidedown and testing how hard a bite she can get away with! Usually a press down on her head,with a stern "no" makes her remember her manners!
I have yet to find an easy way to get her upstairs to my art room.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well, there we have it. Welcome to the flock Albie!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I do need to work on the nipping with him, he steps on to my arm quite happily but... He uses his beak a little too much when he's using it like a 3rs hand but kinda chimps firmly down.

He had a bit of a tantrum when I out him back in his cahmge this morning, I gave him a bit of broccoli and he just destroyed it and tossed it all over the floor to show his displeasure, was very hard not to laugh at him when he did it.

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Anything green gets chucked out, I fear she has a sweet tooth,just loves fruit and carrots.
They really are little divas. Is it only fingers Albie bites?

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie certainly has a sweet tooth for apple! It's not just fingers it's pretty much what ever he stands on that he nips.

Most Reactions

Latest posts